dragon bound

jch364

Registered
Headed to the dragon on the 10 of June till the 13th if anyone is around then. Got all my winter parts on and ready to go... Got my gopro. Probably get rained on at some point like always. Would love to meet up with any members if in the area. At the Phillips as usual.. I guess they raised their rates a bit. Oh well still a good deal.

I'm working brother or I'd try to grab Robert and Gary and come visit. Enjoy and be safe my friend

Hoping it will be rather rain free. I dont expect it to be totally but last time i got rained on going down, rained out for half a day there and rained on almost all the way back..... The positive side of that is that I found out the frog togs that i bought including the over boots worked perfectly. The bad part was that on the way back i kinda stretched out and ended up melting the pant leg on the pipe. But I just fixed that with a repair kit so no big deal. .... hey its better than being snowed on

I'm working brother or I'd try to grab Robert and Gary and come visit. Enjoy and be safe my friend

Im going back in july as well. I have reservations for the week of the 12th so come on if you can. Unless my wife decides she wants to go than i will have to move it back a week but if she doesnt tell me soon i wont be able to change the dates and darn that would be a shame... :whistle:

Have fun!!! I found out the hard way that Frog Togs don't hold up in a nor'easter :lol: Fallenarch found out the same I believe, but I do believe we know the Busa handles in torrential downpours just fine :whistle:

Hopefully you won't have any weather like that :thumbsup:

Mine seem to do fine in the rain but I could not tell you which kind of frogtog it is. i just priciest one i could get that looked the thickest

My sister & husband and co are headed that way too, shes on her 1200RT he's on a new HD Goldwing looking thing.
Promised myself the next time over I would do this ride, rode Skyline and Blueridge last year on the RT.
Look forward to pics as well :thumbsup:

Well Its almost 7am and Im getting ready to head out. Looking forward to a great day. Probably gonna get rained on this week some but hopefully not too much. It will be fun though. Gopro charged and ready. Ill be on probably the only red/black 06 busa in the state so if anyone is down say hi and we can hit the dragon with the gopro running... no stunting...lol...

p.s. to all the THP that will be there this week. Its just an old guy on a busa so he wont be of concern... These are not the droids your looking for.....lol... old jedi mind trick...lol

Make sure you go ride the Cherahola...actually more fun than the Dragon IMHO..

just got in. Everything went well. It rained a little Thursday and Friday but otherwise fine. Split my time between the dragon and the skyway. There was only one wreck that i was aware of. It was a guy on a harley that failed to negotiate a relatively minor turn on the dragon and went off the mountain side. Saw the blount county sherrifs office go by me so i turned around to be a lookie lu and went by. the rider was lying on the ground and as i found out later the bike was down the side of the mountain a little ways. Dont think he was hurt to bad. Better off than the harley I imagine ... Saw a bunch of slingshots at the dragon. Man those things are cool. One was turbo charged. Id like to get one one day when I grow up. Saw a 99 copper busa..A dozen or so corvettes on the skyway and a handful of spyders. Some sport bikes but not that many and the usual harley and bagger crowd. Good times. got some pics and some gopro video so if i can get my crappy computer to work right i will try to upload some of it. ... I will have about 3 weeks to rest up for the next trip down on the 12th of July for a week. Probably should call Wheeler and order another tire...lol

Back