All by myself

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
And such a beautiful day...Pete, my Coast Guard Friend, and I had a great ride...from Phillips through Cherohala...TN360...to US411 to TN 72 to US129 (Dragon) to NC28 (Hellbender) and back to Phillips on NC143. We saw one Trooper on Cherohala and two on the Dragon. We didn't see any incidents, however, we heard there were eight or nine wrecks on the dragon Sunday. My son drove up after work and was stopped a few minutes around eight PM while the road was being cleared. This morning on the way home I saw a Subaru WRX that would have gone completely off the mountain if it hadn't have been stopped by the last tree before the big drop. They were less that a mile from the TN/NC line. The driver and passenger were fine. The car, not so good.

P1020102.JPG

(Rayabusa0818 @ May 28 2007,07:19) And such a beautiful day...Pete, my Coast Guard Friend, and I had a great ride...from Phillips through Cherohala...TN360...to US411 to TN 72 to US129 (Dragon) to NC28 (Hellbender) and back to Phillips on NC143.  We saw one Trooper on Cherohala and two on the Dragon.  We didn't see any incidents, however, we heard there were eight or nine wrecks on the dragon Sunday.  My son drove up after work and was stopped a few minutes around eight PM while the road was being cleared. This morning on the way home I saw a Subaru WRX that would have gone completely off the mountain if it hadn't have been stopped by the last tree before the big drop.  They were less that a mile from the TN/NC line.  The driver and passenger were fine. The car, not so good.
you rock Ray!
biggrin.gif

Ray, wish I coulda been there. I missed the Gap for the bash, hopefully I'll make it for fall...

Bill and Ben, you guys were certainly missed at the spring bash. Sure hope you make it this fall. I made my room reservation for September 28-29. Phillips 120.

(Rayabusa0818 @ May 28 2007,11:08) Bill and Ben, you guys were certainly missed at the spring bash.  Sure hope you make it this fall.  I made my room reservation for September 28-29.  Phillips 120.
thanks! nice to know ya'll was thinking of us!
biggrin.gif

i'll do my damndest to hit the fall bash.

(JINKSTER @ May 28 2007,17:14)
(Rayabusa0818 @ May 28 2007,11:08) Bill and Ben, you guys were certainly missed at the spring bash.  Sure hope you make it this fall.  I made my room reservation for September 28-29.  Phillips 120.
thanks! nice to know ya'll was thinking of us!
biggrin.gif

i'll do my damndest to hit the fall bash.
Same here... It'll be my last bash before MMI, so I wanna go. I'll miss the spring and fall bash after this one due to school, so it'll be a while if I don't make this one.

Hey Ray, I was up in Bryson City from 5/19 until 5/27. I was riding the Dragon several different days and was there last Sunday. There was four different crashes I think. We spent long hours in the saddle on the surrounding roads and ate some great bar-b-q at the Cherohala Crossing. Sorry we missed you there.

(Poppy @ May 28 2007,20:flamethrowing:) Hey Ray, I was up in Bryson City from 5/19 until 5/27. I was riding the Dragon several different days and was there last Sunday. There was four different crashes I think. We spent long hours in the saddle on the surrounding roads and ate some great bar-b-q at the Cherohala Crossing. Sorry we missed you there.
It sounds like you were leaving about the time I got there. I glad you had a good trip. The next time you are coming up be sure to let me know. I live about 90 miles from the overlook.
beerchug.gif

Back