Drag Racing School

WerxRacing

Registered
Anyone in or surrounding Indianapolis In. We are holding a drag race school for anyone interested at Raceway Park in Indy on April 20th and 27th it is free the only requirement is a NHRA membership so that you have insurance With your NHRA membership you get 485000 dollars worth of medical and disability insurance

March 30th will be cut off for sign up and it will be the first 30 guys signed up

The class will be a 2 hour classroom on the 20th and then a quick classroom on the 27th. Then we will have our own time on the track and it will be setup like a regular points race with 2 or more practice runs and then a dial in and eliminations with a plaque awarded at the end and you will still be able to continue running throughout the night.

Any more ? call Jim Richason 317-716-1281

Also the track manager said he would give everyone a free spectator pass so you could come out and watch a race to see how a race actually runs and talk with all the bike guys we all get along pretty well and do some cookouts pretty good group of guys.

If you already race & just want to have a bunch of new guys to meet & run with this is also a good time. Can help new guys learn & ask questions.

Ride Safe..

I did not think to post this here till last night. WE have had it up on our site & posted on others since Dec.9th. Sorry I did not do it here till now. but some members from here is on our other site & was asking of the lessons.

This sounds like what I need and what some people on the org have told me to do before trying to beef up my 07. . . . how do you get a NHRA membership?

This does sound like a great way to learn. It is a lot better then going to the track and having to wait to run with all the cars that have showed up!

yeah if you have to run a 9.99 that probably counts me out also, I only ran a 6.9 in an 1/8 never been down a 1/4 track but would probably be 10 - 11

yeah if you have to run a 9.99 that probably counts me out also, I only ran a 6.9 in an 1/8 never been down a 1/4 track but would probably be 10 - 11
If you run 10.0 or slower you can get by without having to get an NHRA license for this or any other event at an NHRA sanctioned track. Depends on how the tech is, but you are supposed to have full leathers and a tether kill switch. Since all fuel injected bikes have a tip-over switch, they will sometimes let the tether slide, but they will put you on the trailer if you go 9.99 or quicker without a license.

If you run 10.0 or slower you can get by without having to get an NHRA license for this or any other event at an NHRA sanctioned track. Depends on how the tech is, but you are supposed to have full leathers and a tether kill switch. Since all fuel injected bikes have a tip-over switch, they will sometimes let the tether slide, but they will put you on the trailer if you go 9.99 or quicker without a license.

Thanks for the info, I'll see my 1/4 mile time at a local track around here when the snow leaves then I'll know. Its a long trip to be sent home.

The bike will run in the 9's, no question. I will ask if one could use this class to obtain an NHRA license. If that could be arranged, the problem is solved....

I am sure that you will need to be NHRA licensed as wellto run 9.99 or faster??

NO.. Anyone that is a member of the NHRA "which is a 69 dollar yearly fee" gets the insurance weather you race or not and it is good during or at any NHRA events or any NHRA tracks. If you get hit by a part at the nationals your covered if you wreck your bike at a NHRA race weather it or not your covered. The other part of this is the license for any bikes or cars going faster than a 9.99 in the quarter or 6.39 in the 1/8 and full leathers over 125 mph this will all be explained in the class and forms will be available

The bike will run in the 9's, no question. I will ask if one could use this class to obtain an NHRA license. If that could be arranged, the problem is solved....

Hey Mr.Brown. After we talked about the classes last week on the other site I thought it be nice to post the info here. Thank you for the idea. OH. I like the your new profile pic on our site..lol

Th,The Ca.... cat :laugh::rofl:

Hey can you teach me not to soil my leathers when I launch? I've gone 200 mph but am jittery as heck when I launch a 1/4 mi, resulting in 11s at best. It has me totally psyched out. Wish there was a deal like this in Vegas. I'll keep trying to get over it. Keep up the good work.

Yes this class can count for your license. That will be discussed further at the class but there are several guys that are going to do this and there will be 3 licensed people there and the track manager there to sign off on the paperwork and Jim will have the physical forms and info there for you to get this completed

i just learned that our IHRA track is going to become an NHRA track up here in osceola indiana...and schnitz racing is going to sponsor some races...2 at munice, 2 at bunkerhill and 1 at osceola dragway also todd smith is working with the nhra to get division 3 racing going

Back