Racing School

Hi guy's has anyone tried the Fast Racing School, where they teach you to be a better rider on the streets, and you can also get your racing licence if you pass the one day coarse. They are explaining that you will learn more in one day then you have learned in one year on your own.

Freddie Spencers Race School? I've heard it's one of the better schools to go with but I received my road racing licenese through the MARRC (Mid Atlantic Road Racing Club) and also renewed it at Cornerspeed.

I'm signing up for Keith Code's next year to give his school a try as Las Vegas Int'l speedway is far for me (Freddie Spencers school)

Kieth Code ROCKS !!!!!!!!!
egitarre77.gif
super.gif

best thing we ever did.
kickass.gif
..2 day class each,levels 1&2 at the VIR track
race.gif

we are hoping to do this next year.....but it comes down to $$$$$ 2 people @ 2 day class @ $2,200 each !!!!!

If you can afford the schools, they're worth taking. Code and Spencer have good reputations.

some track day organizations that are tied to racing organizations (i.e. fastrackriders-sportbiketracktime/WERA, etc) also have schools. I think NESBA also offers schools and the opportunity to get your racing license as well.

I took a one day class to get my race license and it was a waste of time.  The only thing I learned was proper ethics on the track and what flags and such meant.  As far as teaching riding skills, they really didn't.  I had one instructor riding behind me for a few laps and once we got into the pits and asked him about my riding.  He didn't have a thing to say because he wasn't paying attention.

So my suggestion is to save up and go to the best you can afford.

Or, just start doing track days and take your time getting up to speed!!!!  Watch others, follow faster riders, buy the best damn rubber you can afford, and lastly, set your bike up as best as you can.  I rode many days on a stock RC51 and thought I was doing good.  The next bike I road on the track was a fully prepped GSX-R750 with full suspension mods, chassis mods, best tires I could buy, brake mods, and holy cow what a difference!  I turned a 5 second faster lap the first time out on that bike compared to my RC51 (relatively same power/speed).

hope this helps
beerchug.gif

Back