dont buy from exoticsportbike.com

mistah187

Registered
ohthedrama.gif
Just wanted to warn all my fellow busa owners out there about this website.  Just got my 06 blk/gry busa and did a couple of mods fairing screens, new horn and thats it right now but hey its only been 2 months.  N E ways, i wanted to get a mototeck undertail. I couldnt find one one the board so i just yahooed it.  Found this web site and ordered.  Long story short a month later and nothing.  No tracking number either.  But i have recieved one thing really bad customer service.
    On that note i canclled my order and am now turning to the org.  Does anyone know a RELIABLE source for this undertail?  Thanx for listening... Oh and ill have pics of the bike and a walkthrough on the horn with pics soon.

I don't think its that unusual to wait a month for an undertail. I think my wiat was somewhere in that ballpark. That doesn't discount the bad customer(no)service. NE way good luck.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Apparently, they've gone downhill some. I bought the HMF exhaust fdrom them two years ago and the service then was awesome. I know that one of the members here had to wait quite a while on his Mototec...might be a supplier problem, even though they should let you know what's going on
umnik.gif

What would be nice would be a Buyer beware Forum.. I bought a stator cover on Ebay.In the picture it shows the cover with bolts,( a billet cover) but no bolts were shipped. no return emails , No calls etc. They have lots of stator covers listed for $99.00 .The cover looks Great but factory bolts are too short. BUT outa the hastle I did find a Great Place to buy Stainless bolts... I will always check the the ORG. before buying..
beerchug.gif

This is why I love Board Sponsors, sorry to hear about your trouble.

im sure one of the board sponsors can get ya hooked up...
cool.gif

I've got a Mototek undertail that I'd sell you. It's a custom color so you would have to paint it or I could paint it black for you. It already has a stock pigtail for the taillight wired in so that's just plug and play but the turnsignal would need to be wired up. Let me know if you're interested.

I must of got lucky, I ordered 2 Top Gun undertails from Exotic, both were at my door within 2 weeks,both were matched perfectly color wise and they bolted right up without any problems. I also know some people that have waited 2 months to get that Mototeck undertail.

Thanx for all the info fellas.  I guess it could take a while then.  Just fustrating because all ive wanted from them is to know where it is or if has even shipped or what and they just give me the run around. But good looking out everyone.
beerchug.gif

hey if you order from mototeck directly they ask for your ssn. Sounds a little weird does it not? But you can get an led upgrade from them to double the leds as well.

hey if you order from mototeck directly they ask for your ssn. Sounds a little weird does it not?  But you can get an led upgrade from them to double the leds as well.
I agree that you should order from a board sponsor if you're concerned. And I wouldn't give my SSN to anyone--especially if you're ordering over the Internet. Good luck
thumb_up.gif

I have had good luck with this company, it's where I got my Mototeck from. Give them a call, if it's in stock you'll have it in a couple days. If not, you may have to wait a while with any company as Motoeck is a Canadian company and it may take a little while to get here.

Formerly sportbikeeffects.com

He does have a point though that is poor customer service. but nevertheless you don't know their side of the story unless you ask.

Exotic is horrible. I called just asking if they had the mototeck they didnt even know if they had it. They said they would call me back. They never did. I went straight to Mototeck and got in in 1 week. I got the extra leds. It is so bright. I did give them my ssn. The only thing that was bad about it was the light socket is not made right. It does not make contact correctly so the leds sorta/flcker a little. I had to wedge a small index card inbetween the bulb and the housing. Other than that good product.

A month you got lucky...I ordered a Custom one with all led upgraded for Semi direct from Mototeck in the 2004 red color and it was 6 months before he got it..Fellas you have to have patience and remeber no company keeps every color on the shelf and sometimes profit wise it's of no benefit to run 1 color of one thru the process so they have to run a batch and then you end up waiting...Patience is a virtue.

I got a few items I'm waiting on now that were suppose to be here weeks ago,but what can I do,once ordered,no refunds..The Price of Cool Ain't Cheap...nor is it fast to get to you...

Aren't they the ones we did the GB through 2 years ago? I am pretty sure it was them...

Back