Input on Mototeck undertail

Chrome lover

Registered
Thinking of buying a mototeck undertail for my 06 busa i put a 300 tire kit on wanted to know how this thing will fit?
Any feedback is great.:please:

Last edited:
Is Mototeck still around? I thought they went out of business....former makers of the Top Gun tail? Maybe I'm thinking of another company.

This is the tail i was thinking of buying.

6413_12[1].jpg

Is Mototeck still around? I thought they went out of business....former makers of the Top Gun tail? Maybe I'm thinking of another company.

Frank, we're not a dealer for the Mototeck line, although I was thinking the same thing as JD. If we knew there was a ready source for these or we could get them direct from the manufacture, we'd carry the line for the undertails right away as there is always steady demand for undertails. (the busa looks 10x better with one).

Undertails are very much a style mod so you need to find a style you like and go with it.

As far as I know, the only people still actively producing undertails for the Gen-I Busa are Powerbronze, Hot Bodies & Yana Shiki & likely some lesser known names. Comp Werkes makes a fender eliminator kit (don't think they use the word undertail). At one time there were probably 20-30 manufactures making various styles about 5 years ago.

If in your homework you find if MotoTeck is producing an undertail, I'd love to know as it's another option. :thumbsup: I seem them on eBay, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are still in production.

Be prepared to completely destroy all the plastic that is under your rear cowl. It is quite an invasive procedure to install one of these. I had a mototek and really wasn't that happy with it. The push pins that hold it in place kept falling out.

they were not in production the last i heard and the left-overs that were for sale had horrible fitting issues...i personally like the look of the Mototeck better than any other one out there and bought mine when they still had a good name...even then, the wiring was complete junk and the turn signal LED pods never worked correctly and one of them just fell out (re-wiring the entire tail next week)...use metal clips and screws to attach it to the tail or you will regret it...having said all this, it is still my favorite undertail :laugh:

install linky

Can you get new leds for them if thet crap out?

Sure,just you need to feel comfortable soldering. The company that makes them changed hands 3 times. Same guy 2 of the 3 times. Maybe all 3 times. Don't expect any customer service. I believe a sponsor or two here do have them(in stock). however the company that produces them kinda makes them when you order one. Can take quite some time(months).

Last edited:
Back