Don't Break Your Speedo/TachGuage Module..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Just found out the speedo/tach assembly (the actual guage guts) costs $811.97. The front half of the plastic housing is 260.84. The back half of the plastic housing is another $139.01. For a grand total of $1211.82 for that whole guage assembly, new from 'Zuk, on a Gen 1 Busa.
Hoooly cow!:shocked:

before you buy any of these parts from a dealership, i would click on the "sponsors" link and contact Josh at Ball Z Motorsports, he parts out bikes among other things and should be able to get you a lot better deals :beerchug:

Only part of mine that is broke enough to worry me is the front case. The clear parts over the speedo/tach dials are cracked. Possible way for moisture to get in.
I'll check that link (thank you), and contemplate some way of sealing mine.
The prices I quoted was through a place called World Powersports Inc. The little parts/service shop up the street apparently uses them for OEM stuff.
Even at 25% less somewhere else, that would still be incredibly expensive for a small plastic cover (or any of the listed parts).
Makes me wonder how much the Gen 2 stuff is going for..

Last edited:
before you buy any of these parts from a dealership, i would click on the "sponsors" link and contact Josh at Ball Z Motorsports, he parts out bikes among other things and should be able to get you a lot better deals :beerchug:

OK, thanks for that tip too Semi, I'll look into them. Found a place for some decently priced aftermarket plastic stuff (and not the cheapo Korean junk). Got a great little paint shop here locally to paint the new (they're unpainted white) pieces, and repaint the saveable bits. Just got a few loose odds and ends like that speedo gauge cover to figure out.

The thought of some sort of "non stock" paint scheme is floating around in my brain now too.:whistle:

Last edited:

+1 as well as goldenchild.

That would explain why they cost so much used. I know just one exhaust can on the gen 2s cost1250 and the oem header is the same. Essentially you have a $3750 exhaust when all put together

On the Gen II one muffler is a 1k bucks and the header is 1,200... no wonder so many bikes are stolen for ebay parts with these prices :whistle:

On the Gen II one muffler is a 1k bucks and the header is 1,200... no wonder so many bikes are stolen for ebay parts with these prices :whistle:

Prices have dropped a little bit since my mishap 2 years ago. I know insurance paid for my Brocks exhaust. O just wish that Brocks would have already had the ct series out

I wish they'd release the ct series for the gen 1
Posted via Mobile Device

Just found out the speedo/tach assembly (the actual guage guts) costs $811.97. The front half of the plastic housing is 260.84. The back half of the plastic housing is another $139.01. For a grand total of $1211.82 for that whole guage assembly, new from 'Zuk, on a Gen 1 Busa.
Buy used :thumbsup:

Tom, did it break the back cover? The one with the little mounting tits on the back?

I have a guage set but the rear mounting pegs are broken!

Yes it broke the mounting stuff back & top. I'll probably drill some holes where the mounts used to be, come up with some rubber bumpers (washer type things I see at Lowes), and bolt it on for now.
Main worry is that it cracked the front half of the plastic housing around the edges of the speedo and tach. Wondering about the possibility of moisure getting in. Gauges themselves work fine.
It just befuddled me how much the stuff costs, especially the PLASTIC housing halves.

Yeah I cracked mine and the speedo instantly stopped working. I found out about those prices the hard way. I have been coasting with traffic since while trying to find a replcement. If you have a 2001 and up, eBay is the best place.:whistle:

Back