So now to the rebuild...

Well, im going to have some pictures posted up- before I take it to a dealer and get the insurance going I'd like to get some ideas of what you all think replacement will cost for OEM parts and then VS actual value (buying online is sometimes cheaper than zuki OEM)

here's what im thinking will need to be replaced:

front nose assembly
front fender
windscreen
front turn signals
right side fairing
headlight

basically all of the plastic on the front of the bike.

if you could throw estimates of what OEM would cost as well as what I should be looking at online that would be great. I'm still waiting for the police report (8 days in cleveland, gah) and I've had my run-in with crooked LEOs before, so I might as well just assume I'll be shafted and to start looking ... :banghead:

Colton

pics:

Colton Meng

There are complete body kits(all panels) on ebay for $300, 0ne OEM dealer side panel will be more than that. But the ebay plastics probably won't fit as good.
Also depending on who your insurance is, that bike could be a total. I know it sounds crazy, but for the dealer cost and labor to replace everything listed, it's gonna be steep. It's the insurance estimate of this vs a percentage of the book value. And I know, your bike isn't totalled.
I'm sure the sponsors here can get you a great deal on what you need. It's just gonna depend on how you deal with your insurance.

its not my insurance- its the kid that hit me's insurance.

just need to wait on the police report before I can contact them.

will they total it?? ......

Falcon89:

I went through this.. I can't see your pictures here at work for some reason. Check out my bike it was a salvage. www.1ibandit.com has before and after pics. I shopped all over for plastic and found lots of plastic just doesn't fit right. My plastic is from Delkevic :: Home and the fit was great. I had three holes that the plastic was not all the way punched out, but that was an easy fix. They say they are 100% OEM fit, and they were in my case. The price was $600 painted and shipped. It came with ALL the extra plastic needed.

If you need more let me know.
1iBandit
P.S. I will be selling all my old OEM plastic soon

thank you so much for your imput guys..

so now lets go another route- his insurance company totals the bike-- they write me a check and I should just use the check they are writing me to buy the bike back from them? then use the extra cash to repair??

or is there a better scenario?

I would. Depends on your state and how shady the insurance wants to be. Whether or not you get to buy it with a regular or salvage title.

if it comes to me having to replace the fairings (I.E. LEOS dont find him at fault, and are retarded) I'll be using that company bandit.. thanks.

any good HID company suggestions?
front turn signals? might like some nice aftermarket ones.
Colton

Pashnit just posted up LED turn signals back in stock tonight. Clear Alternatives has several colors of turn signals also.

Falcon89:

Just a heads up with your bike and salvage title. I don't know your state laws but in wisconsin if you salvage a bike any part over $150 that comes off of another bike you must have the vin number of the bike it came off of. You have to have pics of before the rebuild. Then you have to have it inspected.

Now if you buy it back some insurance companys will not change the title so you will not have to do the salvage thing...

Best of luck
1iBandit

P.S. save the side panels you will need the heat/pads off of them.. I found they hard to find.

Back