Doing my first service

Toyz

Registered
Coming up on my 1st service for the bike. Oil change and just check the minor things on it? Chain....what else should I look for?

Do you guys wait until the motor gets good and broke in before you do synthetic? Good and broke in- 3000 miles?

Hope you can read this...may be too small...

Busa_maintenance.jpg

Follow the manual, Luke! The change to synthetic takes place at different times for different people. Some do it after a hard break-in, others do it around 2000 miles. Haven't heard any negatives from either one as of yet.

My chain was quite ready for adjustment @ 600 miles. I had to go a full turn on the bolts. I went with Suzuki oil for the firsat service. One thing I found out: HMF pipes run a little closer to the filter, apparently, as the Suzuki oil fliter socket style wrench wouldn't fit between the pipes and the filter. A strap style wrench worked fine, however.

I had my first service done by a local dealer. Guess I just felt more comfortable with them doing the first one.

Well take it to a dealer.... that would be the first option! If your not too comfortable with that, or you dont have a dealer close by... or you are a "do it yourself" kinda guy... follow the chart that has been posted by VA Busa! v:)

Do it yourself...it's fun...you get to learn new things, make sure it's done right...

Unless you've got a warranty that might be voided, of course. I was told by my dealer that doing your own service was fine, just save receipts and write everything down. Now, of course, had I ever turned the bike over for warranty work, I would have possibly had problems...

If I can do it...you can do it... (insert pic of monkey now)
smile.gif

Back