Doing a Track Day

TIMMYDUCK

Head Woodchuck
Donating Member
Registered
I am doing a track day this week, and I need to turn off my headlight so I don't melt the tape when I cover it.
What is the easiest way, Pull the fuse?
I need help soon because I leave tommorrow.

Hey,

I just got back from my first track week-end an hour ago.  YOU WILL HAVE FUN!!!!

Check out some of the advice a few guys just gave me.

As far as your headlight goes, take off the cover on the left hand side "dash piece" and find your fuse box.  You can find the location and removal instructions in the owners manual.  Pull the fuses for your high and for the low beam out, but leave your signal fuse in or you will have no tach/ speedo...

Pull the bulbs out of your taillight, even if your masking it, as it will cause other riders a distraction.  Don't forget to take your mirrors off.

Oh, and remember the blade in the grass bit...I'm sure it helps, but I forgot.  
laugh.gif
....more on that tommorow...

I'm a bit sore and really tired so I gotta go, but be steady, don't try to go fast, try to go smooth.  Do that and you will then be going faster than you ever thought possible, believe me it works!

OMG it was fun!  
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Good luck, and remember to ride your own ride.

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Probably too late, but...

Just reach up from underneath and pull the plug off of the light assembly. Somewhat of a pain to get back on, but it works.

Why dont you get a toggle switch installed on the headlight circut... saves you the trouble of having to remove the fuse, everytime you want to go to the track !!! Just a thought...
biggrin.gif

Back