Dog Tags

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Been giving this a lot of thought. Hooked up with one of my customers today who said he was out with a semi-new rider over the weekend. Long story short, rider went down in the middle of no where. They knew the guys name. Knew his cell number. Knew a little about what he did. Knew his riding skills. Knew 911. But that was about it.

As I ride with me new friends from the board and other fellow riders, I was thinking about buying me some dog tags with my wifes contact info as well as some personal health info (blood type, allergies, etc...).

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on the subject? I joined my father-in-law and his Indian group couple weeks back and as group organizer... he asked everyone to show their card. I looked confused and he handed me a business card and pen. He told me to write down the name and number of the person to be contacted should some unforeseen event unfold. That's where I got the idea. He told me later it was a quick reminder to the group just how dangerous riding is and not to be stupid out there.

BTW - He did a visual inspection of each bike and handed out a tire pressure gauge for each member to check PSI before heading out. Gotta give the old man props.

(rubber2burn @ Sep. 05 2007,21:10) Don't know about dog tags but I have the ICE stuff in my cell phone In Case of Emergency
Isn't that suppose to go in your radiator  
rock.gif

laugh.gif

Problem is where I ride in the hills I don't always have reception or what if your phone gets trashed in the accident or if your battery is dead.

I will do the "ICE" thing as well. Part of my point is that there is no "commen" thing that I know of. We all wave at fellow riders... we all tap our helmets when LEO is around... see what I'm saying? Doesn't need to be tags but wanted to get some input and you have a geat idea there Adam.

Some times bro I have seen that you can have the Dog Tags made in the mall. But let me get intouch with a Navy Buddy of mine and see if he can hook us up if you want a set of tags.

You should always have a redundancy plan... I have seen cell phones get thrashed from very minor laydowns. You should always have your contact info in your wallet or tank bag whatever not just your phone... I used to have it laminated in my wallet...
E.

Hey Snap I remembered something last night right after i got done typing my last post you can get dog tags made at Pet Smart they should have a machine up front that engraves tags Bro I think it only costs a couple of Dollars just in case you are interested.

Dog tags sounds like a good idea, as well as having ICE on your cell phone. Would be cool if we could get dog tags with the kanji on one side and personal info on the other.

Thats a great idea. There is a petsmart close to me. Thanks for the link Gunny.

I have a set myself just in case out by myself and can't talk. It has my emergency contact number. I know some people that put blood type, and things like that. Can go to an army navy store to get them

Back