Does it scare anyone else when they put their Busa on a stand ?

I used to do it by myself but usually get my wife to help balance since I smacked the tail light with the stand handle taking her down one day.

Now sometimes I will use the front wheel chock to stand her up and it works pretty well~!~

this is how mine came out. serves it purpose just trim in small increments a dremel should work fine :thumbsup:

100_1006.jpg

No, You can't beat a son to steady the front end while lifting the rear.:laugh:

I got 3 of those!! :laugh: Problem is, the oldest is only 11 and I wouldn't trust 542 pounds of pissed off Busa to not crush his leg if she decided to go over and he held on thinking he was gonna keep it from going. I just make darn sure it's lined up good and use the hold in the rear fairing where the frame grab rail runs up underneath and do a smooth lift while stepping down on the rear stand.

Think the wheel chock is the best choice... they aren't that hard on the pocket.. and you can get real fancy and drill some bolts right into your garage floor too, helps it from sliding!

Yes a front chock sure would help no doubt.
Just thinking about like a dirt bike triangle stand for the Busa.
Maybe market it and retire a Bazillionaire in Palm Beach..
Oh wait a min I am already here...Oh yeah forgot the Bazillion !

I cannot imagine how a thinner piece of steel in a more awkward place would actually make me feel any better. I think a triangle stand on a 250lb dirt bike is iffy, yikes at the idea of it on a busa.

Saaid, yes it is a time of great fear and trepidation when lifting the Bus. Since I am a freakin old guy (FOG) we have to really think about this...here is what I do without help...and it is easy and controlled. I use the Pit Bulls. Since the bike has a strong portside lean to it I put the bike into the 55 dollar Harbor Freight front...I put a couple of cut off 2X4's under the kickstand to get the bike as upright as possible without giving it a starboard side lean...remember the bike is basically secure in the front chock...now here is where I cheat (whatever !!! I don't have any illusions anymore) I bought a piece of pipe about 3 foot long that fits over the pit bull stand handle. It is a mechanical "cheetah" ..I just go up slowly and smoothly and never dropped her...scary stuff though...ha ha..2hip

for me its a quick process.. set it up to the spools, left hand on grab rail, right hand on stand- one quick steady swing, she's up..i found if i hesitate or go slow, there's chance i'll mess up.

I have been thinking about building a stand I can jack up and down for just that reason. A scissor style with an all thread so I can use a drill to raise or lower with one hand on the bars.

I just ride into my Baxley chock. Makes it easy to lift and lower the rear. If I'm going to to use the front lift stand, I get my wife to lift and lower the rear stand while I hold the bike upright. :thumbsup:

Sorry to rehash my earlier post in this thread! If you haven't used a Cyclcat, you have no idea how good they really are. Effortless and safe. It is a shame they aren't producing them anymore.I find it hard to believe that someone has not picked up the rights and started producing them again. They really are that good!

It's not the size of the person, it's the size of the bike. The 'Busa is pretty heavy. I am even a little worried when I put my bike up on stands.

Back