Does it scare anyone else when they put their Busa on a stand ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Dont know why ?
Doesnt bother me with any other bike but since Blanca is such a pig every time it makes nervous.
I know if she gets past balance point I aint stopping her.
Brothers ZZR600 no prob. Friends Gsxr1K no prob.
Guess its cuz I'm a Whinny Skimp that it bothers me so....:whistle:

Anybody make any kind of safety device you could maybe put in your rear axle tube or something to prevent it from getting away from you....???

Just thinking it may be a good idea for a 5 buck doozamawicky that does.

I trimmed the rear cowl so I always have the grab handle for leverage. I haven't had a problem with it since.

I had a close call when my adjuster was loose from lending my rear stand out. Went to raise it and the one side spun because the allen wasn't tight. Almost lost it... I always check it now.

A few months ago I put my cowl on the back but not only did the wife freak cuz she thought I was going racing but it did not allow me to leave handle on. really nervous then ...

Anybody got a pic of a gen II with the cowl on as well as grab handle ?
I saw Jinkster's Gen I it looked nice . How exactly do you notch it out ?
I know you use a dremmel or something but what do you use as a guide to make both sides even and factory looking ?
I wonder how Blanca would look with my DW #17 cowl on as well as handle ?

#17.3.JPG

#17.JPG

I have a cyclecat stand...thing is awesome.
I've used it 100 times. I keep rags on the lifters so they don't
scuff up my rear spools. This past christmas I went out the garage
and was going to clean the bike, grabbed my cyclecat stand, quickly
put the lifters under the spool and began to lift...the right lifter missed the spool
because of the rag and the 100 times I'd done it before...didn't look close
enough.

Seline went up and OVER. It was like slow motion and my heart cracked.

Thank God my significant other was sweet enough to put a big carpet out
for me to park my bike on (keeps my butt warm when I'm sitting on the ground)
Bike fell on the carpet...ONLY damage was to the decal where it went off
the carpet slightly, which I replaced for $40....WHEW :please: I got real lucky.

Rest assured, each and every lift is verified...

Last edited:
I have seen the Cyclecat stands and even found one on Craigslist in TX but it never panned out.
Seems like a great idea and I wonder why nobody has picked up the rights to manufacture them ?
The stand was invention of the yr in some of the mags when it cam out.

I am just thinking about making something that either goes into axle tube or one of the frame holes on right side so if and when you dont have to worry because my widget will stop her at a safe enough angle for you to recover bike ?

Wouldn't a front wheel chock like a baxley make the lift more secure. As the bike is already upright? I plan on buying one before to long. I use the pitbull with no spools and its rock solid and either its gonna lift or won't fit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes a front chock sure would help no doubt.
Just thinking about like a dirt bike triangle stand for the Busa.
Maybe market it and retire a Bazillionaire in Palm Beach..
Oh wait a min I am already here...Oh yeah forgot the Bazillion !

For the grab rail I think you attach the rail, blue tape the hump,set the hump where it goes, measure the length, notch it, and slowly work till you get the depth right. Slow and steady:thumbsup: At least thats what i would do:thumbsup:

I just take my hump off when I want to put it on the stand. I hold the back end with my fingers in the storage area... works good.

You can't beat a Cyclecat for effortless. Worth searching for one.
No strain and less to worry about. :thumbsup:

I barely paid 140 for my pitbull. No way I'd pay 225 for the cycle cat.
Posted via Mobile Device

the 2X4 idea works great when you are first learning.. take your time and have the low side lined up as you start to pull the bike upright.. after a few times you will go up in one smooth move off the side stand..

a harbor freight wheel chock would save all the fear :)

I always take the cowl or seat off and grab hold of the support bar on the sub frame. I did have a mishap when I first used the front stand and forgot to drop the rear last. Soon as I dropped the rear she killed over like a fish. :laugh:

Back