Do you remember?

Wasnt the game system a Vectrex? I had one of those, a self contained monitor and controler. You put plastic layouts over the screen for different games! High tech stuff, but it was fun!
Yep, that's the Vectrex. Nothing cooler than vector based arcade games from back in the day like Asteroids, Starwars and Tempest and GCE pulled it off for home use with a real vector monitor.
I'd love to find the 3D headset accessory. They show up on ebay every so often but usually go for over $1,000.

You wouldn't believe some of the new games coming out for it these days.
what new games for vectrex? ? ? I have one still and almost all the games. Do you want to buy it or them? soon I'm trading all my old skool systems for a PS2 since everythign is emulated on PC

Wow, haven't thought about Merlin or the Big Trak is a long time. I may need to get up in the atic and pull them down this weekend....
tounge.gif

robot.jpg

The robot is VerBot or something like that.  I remeber dying and begging for one for xmas.  Raided the xmas stash about a month before xmas and found it, then had to wait till xmas morning to play.  Fun, but never quite as good as the commercials.  I do beleive I still have it buried away somewhere.

mzrsq<----- Feeling very old.
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU STILL HAVE THAT!

I think it's called Omnibot!

That's hilarious!

Wasnt the game system a Vectrex? I had one of those, a self contained monitor and controler. You put plastic layouts over the screen for different games! High tech stuff, but it was fun!
Yep, that's the Vectrex.  Nothing cooler than vector based arcade games from back in the day like Asteroids, Starwars and Tempest and GCE pulled it off for home use with a real vector monitor.
I'd love to find the 3D headset accessory.  They show up on ebay every so often but usually go for over $1,000.

You wouldn't believe some of the new games coming out for it these days.
what new games for vectrex? ? ?   I have one still and almost all the games.  Do you want to buy it or them?  soon I'm trading all my old skool systems for a PS2 since everythign is emulated on PC
vectrex carts

This is a small list of what has come out over the past few years.
Last one I bought was Protector/YASI. Protector is a remake of Defender done in Vectors. It's actually better than the real arcade game (which I also own). The game even has internal non-volatile memory to save high scores, setting and found hidden games/easter eggs.

My collection is pretty much complete. Ebay is probably your best choice for selling. Do some research so that you know what you've got. The market has dropped off over the past 5 years but there are still certain items worth big $$$. If you had a game called Mr. Boston (promo game for the liquor store chain) you'd be able to buy a PS2, an Xbox 360 along with a ton of games for each. Last Mr. Boston cart sold for $1,225.00.

Rob T I'm with you. I had the vibrating football game. I hated the noise that thing made. You couldn't play it after you were supposed to be in bed. Heck, my first computer was an Atari 200XL. Man, now I do feel old.

Dan

Yeah I remember alot of those but, my two favorite toys were: Major Matt Mason and Verti bird..........How many of you remember those?

Your parents must have loved you very much to get you such cool toys!

ok who else had one of theses i lived on this thing after school
I can't remember what mine was called, but it had the hand brake that made you spin out!  I used to race my friends Green Machine all summer!
BIG WHEEL. The "parking brake" on the right rear wheel was awesome...with enough speed it was good for a 180º.
Those things were loud too! Hollow plastic body and hollow wheels, you could hear that rumble from anywhere in the neighborhood.

The more your wheels were worn out the more respect you got. Eventually the front big wheel would get so many flat spots it would be bouncing around all over and really making a racket. The small rears would start to split. You reached ulitmate status when your parents had to go to the store and buy you new wheels for your Big Wheel.
smile.gif

Oh man...the back rest was adjustable by moving it to different holes in the body. We'd fill the body completely up with water and it would leave a stream out the small drain hole in the rear as you rode along. Then we started filling the entire body with sand. Within days the sidewalks throughout the neigborhood were covered with sand from the Big Wheel exhaust system.

I wonder if they still make Big Wheels...probably not, too many ways for stoooopid kids (with sue happy parents) to get hurt.

BTW, you were right, that is an Omnibot.

i took the clodbuster motor and modded to fit the grasshopper, you could burn the rubber right ogff the wheels

Back