Do you RE-GIFT AT CHRISTMAS?

Cookie

Registered
Statistics show that certain types of people re-gift.

It's that time of year again. Holiday season is upon us and so are all the pressures that come with it to get the perfect gift for everyone on your list. But with the crowded malls and the push and shove, who among us hasn't considered the unmentionable option: re-gifting?

Coined by comedian Jerry Seinfeld in his 1990s self-titled sitcom, re-gifting has become a staple of holiday lingo. It's even garnered coveted page-space in the Merriam-Webster dictionary: "to give an unwanted gift to someone else; to give as a gift something one previously received as a gift."

I usually put a lot of thought into my gifts and to who it goes too and NEVER REGIFT!!!

I once received a office caddy from my sister I never used,, I was afraid to re-gift it in pure fear that somehow she would find out!!!  
crazy.gif

What about you Are you guilty? After all, we are men and we have that right!
super.gif

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I gave you this last year!</span></span>  
argue.gif
 <span style='color:indigo'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>No you didn't, Honey,,, , I bought it for you this year!</span></span>

(Charlesbusa @ Dec. 21 2006,19:48) Re-gift  
laugh.gif

What about gift cards??  Is that cool??    
all_coholic.gif
No Charles...no gift cards
sad.gif
But ya can pick me up one of these
biggrin.gif

03_1280__2_.jpg

What about gift cards?? Is that cool??
all_coholic.gif
[/Quote]
No Charles...no gift cards
sad.gif
But ya can pick me up one of these
biggrin.gif

post-6-59413-03_1280__2_.jpg

Only if you re-gift it to me!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Re-gift is fine, if it doesn't hurt anyones feelings.

I'm honest about it with my family, why throw away money..

I got a fondue set a couple years ago. I'll never use it.

It WILL get regifted, just not to any of you!

I also got a GFG which, like an idiot, I tried rather than regifting it. It ended up in the trash and I just never told the guy!

Get me gift certificates!!!!

--Wag--

P.S. Rich, that bike is not worthy to be in your crotch.
biggrin.gif

no never re gift with family.

ship it to me and i will give it to someone i know.

see how i solved that problem for you
all_coholic.gif

I have never re-gifted ......mainly because I have a wife that will search the ends of the Earth to take something back for a REFUND !
laugh.gif

I've regifted EVERYTHING I've gotten so far. it was thoughtless crap that someone else might appriciate
smile.gif

There is an article about regifting.

The best rule was to regift in different social circles.

I always give people gift cards and i wish they always give me one.I end up with so many things i dont even use and its bad because someone spent their hard earned money on em.

I hate retruning things!! HATE IT with a passion! I would regift certain things! It was given to you and it is yours to do what you want. Some people get offended by the idea you have something already they gave you or you don't like it. So regift and no one is hurt!
lurk.gif

My brother and I have given each other the same birthday card back and forth for years. Neither one of us has signed it either.
Mother in law and I have given a set of Ginsu knives back and forth for a couple years as well. She just re-received them for her birthday last month. I'll probably get them Monday.
Re-gifting new unopened things is definately ok. If you're ever questioned it is really easy to be honest about it and tell the original giver that you never used it and did not want to see it wasted so you gave it to xxx thinking they would like it and find a use for it.

My wife and I always seem to recieve:

Scented candles

Assorted Christmas paraphenlia

strange clothing (usually with a reindeer or snowman)

Kitchen implements ( Just set it and forget it)

tons of candy and or tins of popcorn.

I regift all of it to my family because they actually enjoy that type of stuff... The difference is I re-gift with the gift that I already have bought them like an additional prize.

I mean really you walk into my house and see maybe one candle... What makes you think I need thirty more... or a juicer... I know people just buy stuff most of the time without thinking and then pawn it off... I at least put some thought into the regifting and match up the junk with the people who would appreciate it.
E

I did it once for my cousins surprize birthday party. I dont really see him much and figured I had a bunch of resturant gift certificates,and gave it to him.

I really did feel like a "jack ***" ,but he never knew...LOL

Back