Do you overload your bike.

newman

Registered
Just read a thread from a guy worried if he and his girl were to heavy for the bike when they rode together and I just wondered how much do you load your bike up.
In the manual it say never exceed the gross vehicle weight which is 985 lbs, now the bike weighs 573 lbs which give you 422 lbs to play with, now me and Lynne weigh 511 lbs between us, do you think this is dangerous ?.
I've never noticed any problems riding two up with Lynne so what do you think. And yes were both on a diet, to me Lynne looks alright but I think I look like a real mess.:laugh:

I do it all the time. With my wife, both geared up, and bags it is way over weight. I have not really heard of any problems from this.

I do it all the time. With my wife, both geared up, and bags it is way over weight. I have not really heard of any problems from this.

ummm guess what!

don't overload your bike while towing or not

you can't turn as fast with an overweight bike

you can't stop as fast with an overweight bike

bike at track weighed 505lbs it's an 08 busa so really even an off the show room 2nd gen is only 543lbs...

sweet, chels and i are 10 lbs under, lol.

:edit: but if we want to take luggage, i think i'll need some BST wheels and a TiForce or CT2 exhaust :p

ummm guess what!

Around 420 - 430 and more if we have the saddle bags on. Harder to stop yes, but I've always liked the feel of the Busa with someone riding behind me. Might just be me.

bike at track weighed 505lbs it's an 08 busa so really even an off the show room 2nd gen is only 543lbs...

485-487 dry mass, add fluids, a little over 35 pounds of fuel if I remember the weight of gas, add 4 quarts of oil, water, and brake / clutch fluid.

ummm guess what!

Guess what else, each time I do have it weighted down with people or stuff, I realize that it will not stop or handle the same. My riding style with my wife and luggage is completely different than when I am solo. This seems like a common sense thing to me. That is like saying it take a tractor trailer longer to stop opposed to a Ford Fiesta despite the fact they are traveling the same speed. Well, no kidding...... You cannot and would not want to drive them the same either.

To each their own, I know how to ride with a weighted bike and have been through the Dragon and other thousands of mile like that.

We're already riding one of the largest CC bikes out there. I would think Suzuki chose a conservative minimum weight also.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wonder if a bike is like the truck??? Repeatedly exceeding the load capacity damages the suspension like the shocks... After the damage is done, truck doesn't ride the same even when it is under recommended load capacity. Put new shocks or springs on and good as new again.

I really :dunno:

We're already riding one of the largest CC bikes out there. I would think Suzuki chose a conservative minimum weight also.
Posted via Mobile Device
i dont wanna sound like a ****, but a 1340 is nowhere near the largest cc bikes out there... not including the tomahawk and those bikes with the chev v8 (i wanna call it a boss hoss but not sure) the biggest bike i know of is the triumph rocket III coming in a a massive 2.3L... just sayin :beerchug:

Posted via Mobile Device

Weight is limited by the frame and suspension, not the engine displacement. The factory will always provide a conservative number.

Back