do you clean it or not!

taddow

Registered
I don't mean just wipe them off with a cloth to remove bugs. How many of you hand wash your jackets and with what?

I've pulled the armor out of mine and put it in the sink with a little bit of laundry detergent... rinsed and hang dry... I have one of the old Joe Rocket mesh jackets...

I pull the armor out and throw it in the wash. To dry it - I hang it up and let it air dry. Smells good, fits clean - no shrinkage or anything. Mine's a Joe Rocket alter-ego.

(Sloto200 @ Mar. 28 2007,12:24) I've pulled the armor out of mine and put it in the sink with a little bit of laundry detergent... rinsed and hang dry... I have one of the old Joe Rocket mesh jackets...
+1

(Sloto200 @ Mar. 28 2007,09:24) I've pulled the armor out of mine and put it in the sink with a little bit of laundry detergent... rinsed and hang dry... I have one of the old Joe Rocket mesh jackets...
+1 Gotta clean your gear.. =)

Now.. if only cleaning the inside of your helmet was that easy.
tounge.gif

(rtvegas @ Mar. 28 2007,09:51)
(Sloto200 @ Mar. 28 2007,09:24) I've pulled the armor out of mine and put it in the sink with a little bit of laundry detergent... rinsed and hang dry... I have one of the old Joe Rocket mesh jackets...
+1  Gotta clean your gear.. =)

tounge.gif
the newer helmet come apart(inside parts) and through it in the washer and spin it...
rock.gif
(I see no difference)

(hydrabusa @ Mar. 28 2007,11:11)
(rtvegas @ Mar. 28 2007,09:51)
+1  Gotta clean your gear.. =)

tounge.gif
the newer helmet come apart(inside parts) and through it in the washer and spin it...
rock.gif
(I see no difference)
Doh!!!! Checked my helmet and sure enough the padding is removeable.. How embarrassing..
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

For my perf. leathers I use a toothbrush and some soapy water to remove the bugs after some buiuld-up, then use Lexol cleaner/conditioner for that shimmer-shine.

Joe Rocket jacket 5 years old washed about 5 times . The only problem is it isn't waterproof anymore .

I clean all my textile jackets in the wash. I just remove the armor and toss the jackets in the washer and dryer. Wash them about every month. Been doing it for over a year and everything seems to be ok. Do the same with the liners in the helmets too.

Back