Safe to machine wash a textile jacket?

Boo

Registered
My Joe Rocket Suzuki jacket is in need of a good cleaning. Anyone ever remove the lining and toss it in a top loader? I figure I could get a scrub brush and do it by hand, but if there's no harm / no foul...:dunno:

....then let it hang to dry?

What does the label say ? Hand wash, do not machine wash, max temp 40 c , do not soak, gently squeeze and if needed carefully rub, rinse with care, do not ring, line dry, completely dry before storage, do not iron, do not dry clean, and do not bleach.

No, but I did take one to a dry cleaners to get a zipper replaced, long story, didn't work out after two trips. They say to scrub the shoulders with simple green. Bugs don't bother me :laugh:

Just finished on the gentle cycle, cold water...with baby shampoo (joe rocket customer service suggestion). It came out pretty nice. Checked all the patchwork; all intact. Just wondering what the words SU UKI across the chest means:laugh:

Just for fun, I'm gonna go cut all the "do not remove under penalty of law" tags from my mattress and pillows.

I've dry cleaned my jacket and vest for the last 3 seasons and haven't had any problems, $12 for both

Sent from my busa!

Back