do women want to follow or lead?

do women want to follow or lead? - a poll in two parts

• WOMEN:  I want to follow my man and support him

Votes: 22 100.0%
  • WOMEN:  I want to lead my man and make the decisions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WOMEN:  don't know what I want, and no one is showing meMEN:  I think they want to follow

• MEN:  I think they want to lead thieir man

• MEN:  don't know, I better ask my girlGENDER CONFUSED: .... what? ?

• Total voters

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
ACK MY POLL BROKE! ADMIN, FIX IT?

Today's dialog tween me and a buddy:

me "You wanna go paintballing in 3 weeks?"

buddy "I don't know. I will check with the boss..."

me "What? Your girl wants you to lead and decide things. She wants you to be the man. TAKE BACK YOUR PANTS!"

Then I got to thinking. Maybe >>I'M<< wrong. Maybe all the stories of the women running everything from scheduling, decisions, even all the finances, means they really want to wear the pants in the family. I always figured it was us lazy men, simply allowing them to jump in and take over when it's needed... when WE get lazy....which is whenever we have someone around that will jump in and take over! HA! follow THAT one.

So, what do ya say?

Hopefully you figured out, the women should answer where it says WOMEN, and MEN where it says MEN. That way we can all see both reguardless of final percentage numbers
arms_crossed_color_final.gif

I let my wife make most of the decisions around the house. I mean were are pretty much like minded anyway. But it is a statistically proven fact that women are better at multitasking than men.

They are just better at running things, and when it comes to kids they are just better at nurturing.

However the give and take is I allow her pretty much total control, and she allows me veto rights, in other words I don’t get involved much in the day to day running of the household unless I see a major problem, in which case then she usually allows me to make a final decision on something.

It is more of a respect thing. And as far as your friend goes asking “the bossâ€￾ being head of the household and wearing the pants in the family etc etc. doesn’t relieve a person from common courtesy. If I want to do something I always check with the wife first to make sure she didn’t already have plans herself, or make sure there are not family plans etc.

Family should always come first before anything, so by checking with the wife first before I commit to something, I am just showing her respect, courtesy and making sure I place my families wants / needs before my own.

Plus if you go have some fun and something bad happens as long as the wife agreed to it not much she can complain about.

But if you go do something and the wife didn’t want you to do it and something bad happens, it will haunt you the rest of your life. (she will never let you forget it)

My wife told me 2 years ago I wasn't buying a bike.I've had 4 in two years,now down to 2.Now she knows who the boss is THE BUSA.
jump9.gif

Yes I know I'm bad
firedevil.gif

man I botched up the Poll Selections badly. An admin might fix it. sorry folks - makes little sense as is.

Short Back story: my friend is on his forth marriage and I already notice him handing the control over to her. I've never met a girl that TRULY likes that. Me? I've never been married, and won't be until I can find a woman that doesn't want to be the man. Not as easy to find as it sounds thanks to woman's lib and twisting roles over the last few decades.

While dating, we PLAY the man, and they play the woman, and EVERYBODY enjoys those roles. Then that fades. Why? It shouldn't. When I find someone that understands that concept, I'll marry her for life and date her for life.

I wanted our vast selection of females here to chime in but I botched the poll
sad.gif

(WWJD @ Jun. 01 2007,17:55) man I botched up the Poll Selections badly. An admin might fix it. sorry folks - makes little sense as is.

Short Back story: my friend is on his forth marriage and I already notice him handing the control over to her. I've never met a girl that TRULY likes that. Me? I've never been married, and won't be until I can find a woman that doesn't want to be the man. Not as easy to find as it sounds thanks to woman's lib and twisting roles over the last few decades.

While dating, we PLAY the man, and they play the woman, and EVERYBODY enjoys those roles. Then that fades. Why? It shouldn't. When I find someone that understands that concept, I'll marry her for life and date her for life.

I wanted our vast selection of females here to chime in but I botched the poll
sad.gif
Actually it doesn't have anything to do with women taking on the roll of men.

As a man I am still head of the household. my main responsibility is the protection of my household, repairing things, keeping the kids in line, providing support to my wife, providing food and shelter to the best of my ability

Her job is to manage the household. in my situation my wife also works, she does a kick but job managing the household AND works a full time job, the least I can do is pick up the slack where I can to help her out.

A man cant do everything by himself and a woman cant do everything by herself either. There needs to be somewhat separate and definitive roles with each backing the other up.

And more than anything else it has to do with respect. when you are married to someone you both need to show each other respect.

How would you feel if you were married, had three kids and your wife told you

"you have the kids for the weekend, I am going with the girls somewhere for the weekend to have some fun"

Not asking you but telling you.

I don't think there are many guys that would take that, yet often guys have the mentality it is ok for them to do it to their wives.

And yes, marriage is totally different from dating. Women often want the man to take control over most things.

But when you get married the relationship changes from a dating relationship to more of a lifelong partner relationship where you have to work together as partners.

I wouldn't want a brain dead female that couldn't make any decisions on her own.

And to add, I have seen marriages where the woman was totally Dependant on the husband and something happens to him (killed, maimed, divorced, whatever) and all of a sudden she is fully in charge and usually will fall on her face or at best be extremely stressed out having to deal with issues she never had to deal with before.

Anything can happen to me at any time, I want to know if anything does my family is not going to fall apart because I am no longer around.

And with my wife I know she can take very good care of our family if anything happened to me.

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 01 2007,19:53)
(WWJD @ Jun. 01 2007,17:55) man I botched up the Poll Selections badly.   An admin might fix it.   sorry folks - makes little sense as is.

Short Back story:  my friend is on his forth marriage and I already notice him handing the control over to her.  I've never met a girl that TRULY likes that.  Me?  I've never been married, and won't be until I can find a woman that doesn't want to be the man.  Not as easy to find as it sounds thanks to woman's lib and twisting roles over the last few decades.

While dating, we PLAY the man, and they play the woman, and EVERYBODY enjoys those roles.  Then that fades.  Why?  It shouldn't.  When I find someone that understands that concept, I'll marry her for life and date her for life.

I wanted our vast selection of females here to chime in  but I botched the poll  
sad.gif
Actually it doesn't have anything to do with women taking on the roll of men.

As a man I am still head of the household. my main responsibility is the protection of my household, repairing things, keeping the kids in line, providing support to my wife, providing food and shelter to the best of my ability

Her job is to manage the household. in my situation my wife also works, she does a kick but job managing the household AND works a full time job, the least I can do is pick up the slack where I can to help her out.

A man cant do everything by himself and a woman cant do everything by herself either. There needs to be somewhat separate and definitive roles with each backing the other up.

And more than anything else it has to do with respect. when you are married to someone you both need to show each other respect.

How would you feel if you were married, had three kids and your wife told you

"you have the kids for the weekend, I am going with the girls somewhere for the weekend to have some fun"

Not asking you but telling you.

I don't think there are many guys that would take that, yet often guys have the mentality it is ok for them to do it to their wives.

And yes, marriage is totally different from dating. Women often want the man to take control over most things.

But when you get married the relationship changes from a dating relationship to more of a lifelong partner relationship where you have to work together as partners.

I wouldn't want a brain dead female that could make any decisions on her own.

And to add, I have seen marriages where the woman was totally Dependant on the husband and something happens to him (killed, maimed, divorced, whatever) and all of a sudden she is fully in charge and usually will fall on her face or at best be extremely stressed out having to deal with issues she never had to deal with before.

Anything can happen to me at any time, I want to know if anything does my family is not going to fall apart because I am no longer around.

And with my wife I know she can take very good care of our family if anything happened to me.
Very well said Thrasher!

WWJD, I think you have gone insane. Insanity is the only thing I can think of that that would allow that much bravery leading to such a question.

(300Busa @ Jun. 01 2007,23:41) ImageShack Links Do Not Work
Its 2:00 in the morning and my girl just shouted at me for waking her up with my burst of laughter. I then turned to her and her when will be the next time she washes her hair!

I'll let her in on the joke when the sun is up ...
smile.gif

thrasher, while I completely agree with everything you said [as usual! ha!] I still feel a lot of men have lost their way - some of my close friends included. As a nation we need to MAN BACK UP and stop hiding behind political correct and equal whatever bla bla bla. we are not equal, we are DIFFERENT. like in your post: each have a different skillset - not equal skills, different skills that compliment each other.

I realize my example is pretty weak, but for this particular guy, it needed to be said. The last friend I hard lined with that man-truth, put it to a test with his girl and was pleased that she responded very well and it sort of changed their whole relationship - yes they're still together.
tounge.gif

I thought this poll could display the differing thought patterns of place and expectations but I botched it and it doesn't fit now. and only 2.5 women have responded - one wants to lead the other follow

I witness a lot of relationship LEADING going on in the world around me - too bad it seems to be mostly the women
biggrin.gif

I do agree that in some ways a lot of men have taken a back seat.

I think I know where you are coming from. the best way I can articulate my understanding is to express in terms of religion (not trying to hex this thread by turning it into a religion thread
crazy.gif
) but there has been a controversy for awhile now about women taking more higher level roles in the church and the reason is that men are not stepping up to fill those rolls and someone has to.

So in spiritual areas men in are often not stepping up to the plate and guiding their families as they should as the head of the household.

(WWJD @ Jun. 02 2007,06:21) I witness a lot of relationship LEADING going on in the world around me - too bad it seems to be mostly the women  
biggrin.gif
You say that like it's a bad thing
tounge.gif

It's all about strengths and weaknesses. Some things the man is good at, and should take the lead. Some things women are good at and should take the lead. It's a partnership.

The bible says that wives should submit to their husbands just as they submit to god, in all things. Just a thought.

(Cblast @ Jun. 02 2007,14:01) The bible says that wives should submit to their husbands just as they submit to god, in all things. Just a thought.
Read a little more
laugh.gif

(LadyHawk @ Jun. 02 2007,13:40) It's all about strengths and weaknesses. Some things the man is good at, and should take the lead. Some things women are good at and should take the lead. It's a partnership.
+1 Well said.

Back