Do red bikes attract LEO's?

FJRider

Registered
I'm planning on buying an '05 Busa in August or September. Out of the 4 colors available I'm considering either the LE Gunmetal Gray or maybe Red & Black. Wondering if the Red might attract unwanted attention from the LEO's?

I used to have a red car and it seemed everytime I went out I was getting pulled over. Now I own a black truck and hardly ever get pulled over.

My bike used to be red and I got pulled over once but now it is black and yet to have been pulled over....knock on wood

Maybe its like a bull thing

Nah, I dont even get looked at much less bothered.. shorts and t-shirts attract them though.
wink.gif

I used to have a red car and it seemed everytime I went out I was getting pulled over.  Now I own a black truck and hardly ever get pulled over.

My bike used to be red and I got pulled over once but now it is black and yet to have been pulled over....knock on wood

Maybe its like a bull thing
Speaking of your black truck, come get it out of my yard......

I'm planning on buying an '05 Busa in August or September.  Out of the 4 colors available I'm considering either the LE Gunmetal Gray or maybe Red & Black.  Wondering if the Red might attract unwanted attention from the LEO's?
I've owned 2 red bikes and one black over the last 4 years...rode them all the same....the red DEF gets more attention (and tickets) from everyone than the black
wow.gif
But I love red...thats why I bought a red Busa.....you just gotta ride more sensibly
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I own a red car and my busa is the 05 black/red color scheme. Red obviously sticks out a lot more than say black but around my area there are a lot of red/black CBR600's and r6's so mine is just another red bike in the biker gang...

I dunno. Go with what you want but I got the red because I think the color sweet. Not all the attention you get on it will be bad either.

My insurance is cheap and I was quoted a price before I even mentioned the color.

They can tell color from the vin # Ask them guys, if you're cool with your agent, they'll tell you the truth. Red and yellow cars statistically get more tickets.

I was quoted a price before I gave the vin as well.

Year , make and model was all I needed for a quote.

I was quoted a price before I gave the vin as well.  

Year , make and model was all I needed for a quote.
Once you saw your policy and signed it, was it the same as quoted? Car or bike, BTW? I think they charge so much for bikes color don't matter. Ask your agent, or someone else you know who sells insurance. Maybe your company is different, but I doubt it.

I have the '04 le red and hardly ever get looked at and have yet to be pulled over and this is in an area where i have been pulled over just because my truck tags didn't have truck sticker on the front plate. hilliard cops are always looking for something. my insurance quote was $38/month and ended up being $32/month after signing the dotted line. i wouldn't compare the color of a car to that of a bike, it seems to reason a red car would attract your attention easier, it's bigger and brighter than a bike that's why we get hit all the time from people who didn't see us. hey if red bikes attract more attention i should be more visible an dget a rate reduction on the insurance. HMMMMMMMMM.
rock.gif

Ask your insurance agent why premiums on bright red and bright yellow cars are higher.......
are they
rock.gif
wow.gif
I was going to ask the same thing...maybe it depends on the insurance company? It doesn't matter is mine is pink green purple etc its all the same premium...
Maybe it does depend on the agent, but I can varify red equals a higher premium.

A while back, my brother bought a red Ford Probe. When the dealer called for an insurance quote he told them the car was red. The quote was $2100 for the year. The salesman then said, "oh no, my mistake, the car is burgandy". The new quote became $1800.

Its not the car itself that's the cause of the higher premium. Most people who have a thing for speed also prefer a red or yellow car. If you have a thing for speed, more than likely you have gotten a lot of tickets. If you have gotten alot of tickets, more than likely some aren't paid. If some tickets aren't paid, more than likely there is a bench warrent out for your arrest. That is the reason(s) cops tend to pull over yellow and red cars.

As for the premiums, like I said before, most speedsters prefer red or yellow. If you are a speedster, chances are you drive "recklessly". That's why some insurance agencies tax you on those colors.

Its all about the statistics.

Officer on the radio: "Hey, a red sportbike just went by. He was going real slow because he saw me. Watch out for him. He will surely go fast once out of my sight".

On another day, another officer on the radio: "A bunch of sprotbikes just flew by doing 100 mph, I couldn't tell one from another, but there was this red one. You can't miss it. Catch that mofo."

Well you get the idea.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

If you think you will stay within a speed limit, think again. Maybe you can curb yourself to stay within a double speed limit, which is also hard.

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119071377 -->

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back