Do I Hold The Record (for riding like Grandma?)

MikesGSX1300RK9

Registered
6126 miles on the original, stock rear tire. Some miles left to go, but figured I'd better not take chances and replaced the tire today.

Do I hold the distance record for most miles on the original rear tire? ;-) <grandma alert> :rofl:

Plenty of life on the front, still. :-) :rofl:

Nahhh there are way higher miles than that... just ride the ride and enjoy it... I however might have the shortest set of tire travel which was 900 miles, 1.5 days on a trip on my Metzlers a few years ago...

That's not exactly GrandMa :laugh: I ride kinda hard and get 5500, but I usually have some cord showing :rofl:

6126 miles on the original, stock rear tire. Some miles left to go, but figured I'd better not take chances and replaced the tire today.

Do I hold the distance record for most miles on the original rear tire? ;-) <grandma alert> :rofl:

WOW. I used to live on the space coast. I have a Gen 1. I got about 3500 out of my original rear tire. Drove it down to the chord. And I drove like a grandma. I think they must have changed factory tires on the Gen II bikes.

On my 2007...changed my rear with chords showing just last year, almost 10,500 miles on it. Changed out the front with a few flat spots with just over 12,000 miles...

Was that the BT-015?

I got 4,000 on my first rear, then did a ride with the NC rebels and almost blew out the tire, went down to 17psi bands showing. Thought it was me wobbling in the turns, it was the tire.

BT-016 190/55 now, think I will be lucky going much past 3.000.

I don't ride hard, think I may go Pirelli Angels next.

Was that the BT-015?

I got 4,000 on my first rear, then did a ride with the NC rebels and almost blew out the tire, went down to 17psi bands showing. Thought it was me wobbling in the turns, it was the tire.

BT-016 190/55 now, think I will be lucky going much past 3.000.

I don't ride hard, think I may go Pirelli Angels next.

I ran angels on the big trip 3 years ago with Uncle Steve... I got 6500 miles out of them and they gripped for the street really well, not as well as Q2s but for touring they wore great.. I had about 70 miles more than uncle steve and my chords started showing when I got 70 miles more...

Great... so I'm in the ballpark then. Could probably have gotten another 1000 miles or so, my guess.

This was a BT-015. Hopefully will do so will with the replacement BT-016. Thanks, guys.

Back