Digital speedometer for Gen 3????

Ked0607

Registered
Anyone making an digital speedo for these? Thats the only thing I wish the display did on this. I like the analog but I have had digital speedos forever.

Anyone making an digital speedo for these? Thats the only thing I wish the display did on this. I like the analog but I have had digital speedos forever.
I think it's a little too early for that, if at all, considering there aren't alot of options for more common parts yet.
In the meantime you're only choice is a gps speedometer mounted on the bars.

As a makeshift solution, you can attach a cheap sports watch to the handlebars. My GSX S1000 has digital speedo, but not exactly accurate. I wanted GPS-assisted speedo, because a few km/s difference can mean hundreds of Euros in Italy and Austria. I have a Garmin Instinct Solar that does 50+ hours of GPS tracking on a single charge and used that. Beyond the accurate speedo it has GPS-assisted altimeter, compass, good stuff to have when crossing mountain passes. It also saves the route with time and speed information (including maximum speed) should you want to check it later. Will find a way to attach it to the Busa.
20210409_121011.jpg

Wait a while. Smith will make a Gen3 digital dash someday. He has one for the Gen2. Personally, I think the analog gauges fit the look of the busa best but digital is really cool too.

Wait a while. Smith will make a Gen3 digital dash someday. He has one for the Gen2. Personally, I think the analog gauges fit the look of the busa best but digital is really cool too.
Could’ve made the display digital but kept the analog look for the illusion, basically what they should’ve done with the new Craptana, old school look but a full digital face.

Back