HAYABUSA NEWB QUESTIONS

TAZEONE

Registered
1. why does all the 2000 and up GSXR's and R1's and such have a digital speedometer and all the busas are still analog?

2. why does the BUSA have a choke and the GSXR 1000 doesn't? both are fuel injected, so I don't get it.....

3. why doesn't the BUSA have a digital coolent temp gauge? like I know in my GSXR manual it says to cut the bike off if it gets over 240 degrees, but the BUSA's is analog..... so I guess i just shut it off when the needle gets too high(obviously) but I like the little fancy touches like this on bikes, call me crazy.

The choke ISN'T really a choke..it just bumps the idle up a little bit which also increases the fuel injector dwell or "on time" so the bike doesn't stall when it's cold. Which is what all fuel injected engines do when they are cold except the usually do it automatically by using the signal sent from the coolant temperature sensor, which the Busa doesn't have... only a coolant temperature sending unit for the guage.... ( and the two sensors are different! )

As for your other two questions........ ask the Suzuki design team! LOL!!! Most likely because of production costs involved!! Probably the reason also for NO automatic cold idle "choke" feature!

FYI, analog guages are easier to read.  Ever wonder why aircraft "Glass cockpits" still display the gauges & instruments in analog form?  Your brain only has to see the needle position, and doesn't have to process letters or numbers.  It's faster to read them if they're analog.  So look at it as a blessing!

<!--EDIT|Dangerously
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076390678 -->

FYI, analog guages are easier to read. Ever wonder why aircraft "Glass cockpits" still display the gauges & instruments in analog form? Your brain only has to see the needle position, and doesn't have to process letters or numbers. It's faster to read them if they're analog. So look at it as a blessing![/QUOTE]

Dangerously...... I didn't think of that.... but it makes PERFECT sense! Thanks for bringing that to the attention of guys like me who are going too damn fast to even consider looking down anyways!!
biggrin.gif

Someone said it previously here, The analog needles tease you, letting you know how much further you have to go before hitting the maximum speed of the Busa.

i do too, but that's not the point.... I wish it had a better backlight or crazy color illuminated gauge.

the choke thing don't bother me, just thought it was weird that the GSXR 1000 didn't have one but the GSXR 600 did.

FYI, analog guages are easier to read.  Ever wonder why aircraft "Glass cockpits" still display the gauges & instruments in analog form?  Your brain only has to see the needle position, and doesn't have to process letters or numbers.  It's faster to read them if they're analog.  So look at it as a blessing!
I'm always amazed at how much I learn on this site

drag boat and go-fast offshore types sometimes rotate their gauges so normal operating ranges are "straight up" needle...that way a quick scan to see if all the needles are pointing straight up tells you that everything is cool.

just a tidbit...

streetracerparts.com has some good looking gauges specially the reverse style.

<!--EDIT|arey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076457352 -->

Back