Diary of a PO'ed customer ("sponsor")

I'm the sponsor post all of the messages that was sent between us.I have no problem with you doing it,but don't lie please.

Don't judge me by this post till you see the truth.If he don't post it all,then i guess we will know why..I won't even entertain it,with more wasted time.

You don't ask for a quote,get quality products for cheap,then decide to buy elsewhere cause they were cheaper,then come back and wanna buy part of the parts quoted when you decided to buy elsewhere,then expect parts to be still sitting there...We make very little on parts as is and not gonna hold them when they can be sold to someone that can use them and willing to pay for quality parts.I won't sacrifice what I have built for cheap parts that will cost me more in time and $ than I made...IF I WON'T USE IT I WON'T SELL IT,YOU CAN BUY JUNK ALL DAY LONG ON THE NET WITH NO SERVICE AFTER THE SELL ALL DAY,BUT NOT FROM ME.I BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR MYSELF A LONG TIME BEFORE I CAME HERE AND PLAN TO STAY IN IT A LONG TIME WHILE I'M HERE AND $$ WON"T BE MY SACRAFICE FOR MY NAME....THER IS A REASON CUSTOMERS FROM THIS BOARD AND OTHERS BUY FROM ME EVEN THOUGH PRICE MAY BE HIGHER,HONESTY KEEPS ME IN BUSINESS NOT THE $$,CAUSE THERE IS NONE IN THE INDUSTRY...END OF STORY...

Way to stand up Goldenchild :bowdown:

I have only had a couple dealings with Goldenchild and I can tell you he went out of his way to help me out, Way out of his way. Not sure what happened here and it may be none of my business, But Im sure theres more to the story.

I don't think he should do that at all. I think he did the right thing in creating this post to vent and emailing the Admins. I believe that one bad interaction with a potential customer isn't worthy of getting your name dragged through the mud. As Busa-Josh mentioned the sponsor could just be going through some sort of rough spot and since we haven't heard the sponsors side of things we shouldn't judge to harshly here.

I'm sure the admins keep track of this sort of thing and if a sponsor continues to have these types of issues the admins will resolve the issue in the best possible manor.

Thanks for your service Busa-Josh :bowdown:

I'm the sponsor being mentioned,I been moving my home and now working on my shop.The potential customer can post all the pm's and let you all see what really happened.I'll check in when I can...I do have a life beyond sitting at my desk all day,and have a shop to run regardless,price shopping the net don't feed my family.. Hope info is posted to clear this up...

Funny thing is I'm still willing to help this guy if he needs it..I should be pissed right,I'm not...

Last edited:
You may be right.. however the price for the item was listed on the website for a reasonable amount by itself. Not sure where all the extra money came from. I wasn't really knocking the guy for his prices.. People set prices for a reason and thats fine. I dont have to pay them and I dont call them names for doing it that way. Bad business is trying to force a customer to decision on the spot. Quite frankly im pretty sick of hearing 'our parts are the best and everyone else makes junk' line too ehehehe.. either way.. its over..

My wife just got off the phone with Bart at Tobefast... he gave us a SMOKIN' deal on everything I was looking for and after reading some reviews elsewhere I believe they will be quality parts I wont have to worry about. They will also be at my house first of next week.. in time for them to get installed at my dealer @ less than labor costs since I spend so much money at that place.. eheheh... I do want to thank GPW though.. i asked that fella for a quote on something in a message a couple weeks ago and he PM'd me until all my questions were asked. Just bad timing with the other stuff Tobefast carried something that has the exact looks I was going for.

hmmm,your wife called tobefast TODAY but yet you nor noone could ever call to discuss stuff with me all this time,hmmm july 17th to july 30th,your home phone didn't work...be for real......after reading this and all the other pm's just sounds like net price shopping and when you told me you were good,I said okay then you try to come back and nitpick the quote and I'm suppose to just sit on my hands and wait...WOW the market is gonna crash..

You'll be safe..

Last edited:
Way to stand up Goldenchild :bowdown:

I have only had a couple dealings with Goldenchild and I can tell you he went out of his way to help me out, Way out of his way. Not sure what happened here and it may be none of my business, But Im sure theres more to the story.

Going to have to second this, and right along with what GC said. He has always had amazing after sale support and was willing to work me through things when I was frustrated (which I bet was not easy).

But hope the OP got what he wanted, and hopefully any misunderstanding can be resolved...

Going to have to second this, and right along with what GC said. He has always had amazing after sale support and was willing to work me through things when I was frustrated (which I bet was not easy).

But hope the OP got what he wanted, and hopefully any misunderstanding can be resolved...

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Daniel is a stand up guy :thumbsup:

It would be nice to get the 'complete' story :whistle:

BTW board sponsers don't always have the best deals. :thumbsup:

The "best" deal is not always the lowest price. I don't want to pay alot more for something, but I will pay more for the same part if it comes with service during and after the sale.

I bought from Daniel and was very satisfied, didn't shop elswhere for price. Hell, he even e-mailed me afterwards to make sure I was happy, try getting that at K-Mart.

In running any business there is bound to be a time when an issue comes up where both parties can not come together and often finger pointing ensues. It's the nature of the beast. Especially online....where it can be directly put out there for others to read about.

That being said....I just spent a boat load of $$ with Cloud 9. Was he the cheapest? No...but was not far off by any means. However it was his concern and attention to my requests as a customer & member that made my decision easy to go with him.

Personally I will be buying from Daniel again.

Not all business deals go like we hope, But I give Daniel props for stepping up and admitting it was him.........I'm not here to say who's right or wrong, but Daniel will have 100 positive transactions for every bad one.

The "best" deal is not always the lowest price. I don't want to pay alot more for something, but I will pay more for the same part if it comes with service during and after the sale.

I see your point but, that service should be expected at any price. Not siding with anyone really just speaking like everybody else. Obviously Daniel has good reputation. :thumbsup:

I have not had a bad experience with any sponsor here yet. I haven't dealt with Daniel yet. I almost did, but that was because of my schedule had to be changed and I couldn't drop off my bike the day I asked him to work on it. I will be rescheduling that visit the next time I can bring my Busa back to Portland.

hmmm,your wife called tobefast TODAY but yet you nor noone could ever call to discuss stuff with me all this time,hmmm july 17th to july 30th,your home phone didn't work...be for real......after reading this and all the other pm's just sounds like net price shopping and when you told me you were good,I said okay then you try to come back and nitpick the quote and I'm suppose to just sit on my hands and wait...WOW the market is gonna crash..

You'll be safe..

Interesting point..... If the purchase was so important, I think the wife should have been making phone calls to GoldenChild just like she did tobefast. just my .02

By the way, GoldenChild, you just earned a new customer..I'll be contacting you soon for a chain and sprocket kit for my busa.. I like the fact that you didn't let this go by without speaking up for yourself:thumbsup:

busa-josh, sorry about your frustrations and thanks very much for your service. I would hope in the end you get what you want by time you arrive home, however a stock Busa is pretty awesome.

I've done business with Daniel and been satisfied.

Hope it all works out for everyone :thumbsup:

i have been in your same boat thats why i don't but any more from sponsor here either i think it because there so busy that they can answer all of us all the time so what i do is contact them direct and then i get my things try it works way better then send them PM messages but i will say one thing they all try very hard to get us all taking care of good luck :beerchug:

I see your point but, that service should be expected at any price. Not siding with anyone really just speaking like everybody else. Obviously Daniel has good reputation. :thumbsup:

You are exactly right but does everyone do it,NO...I do it for every customer (I do it for some that never spend a dime ask around),I sell parts to whether they spend $1 on a push pin or $20k on a full bike build...I don't see $$ signs I see a person just like me that wants to be treated fair,given service after the sale and can count on me when an issue neither of us forsee that arises...There isn't a dollar amount you can spend for that commitment..

I sleep very well at night cause I do...

Busa-Josh,this is to you.I'm here cause I'm just a regular guy like you,here to have fun,hang with good folks,help those I can and learn just like you.I was hoping that we could get you what ya needed in time,but i put alot into helping my customers not just selling them parts...I'm never to busy to stop and help anyone,but I can't help everyone...I will be the first to say this and I mean it,a business is only as good as the person that runs it,I give my all each and everytime to be fair,competitive and help the next guy out where I can,but I almost lost my home/shop/family sometime ago from sitting at my desk trying to do the above giving all the info needed to make folks bike right only to have them price shop and spend their $$ elsewhere after i just spent hours on phone solving their problems only for them to get on the net and say who has the best price....I learnt from that experience,and won't allow myself or anyone to take me there again..I'll go away completely before it happens again...I will right here in front of all in america and every other country say to you I'm sorry the deal didn't go thru,sorry you got upset,sorry you didn't get what you needed from me,but sometimes the $$ saved that you see while spending it,may be worth more in the end than what you saved...Have A Safe Trip Home,and Enjoy Your Ride..Thanks For Your Service To Our Country..My last post here.... :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Daniel you are truly a stand up guy, I would by from you in a heart beat. BJ thanks for your service, I hope everything works out for you.

Two points-

One- my wife is military and doesn't always have the ability to make calls either, that is the reason she was not calling GoldenChild... I didn't feel the need to explain that one but since it's being called into question (why she could call Tobefast and not GC). When she IS available to make calls she knows almost nothing about bikes (except how to ride them) and I have to be on Yahoo IM telling her exactly what to say. Now I dont know about your wife.. but my wife finds that a huge headache... so I dont ask her to do that type of stuff unless it is 100% needed. Yesterday, I had to place an order if I wanted it to get here in time... (she can no longer take my bike to get the parts put on due to her schedule.. so the dealer is going to come pick it up for me..) She was available to call and I happened to be able to visit an MWR that allows me to chat with her... it took us 30 minutes to get the order right through Tobefast (thanks to Bart's patience at Tobefast). So when and if my wife makes a phone call for an order is our business and up to us to decide. I think questioning that should be left alone.

Two- I have posted below the message transactions. I think anyone will see by how quickly things started that I was asking questions but ready to purchase. I started this thread as a venting spot- not naming a name or getting everything out there because I didn't want it to turn in to what it has... now... as the posts will show- my general frustration (my fault, got it) for waiting and waiting and waiting. I was under the impression from the beginning I was dealing with a company that sells parts and thats that. I buy car parts, truck parts, bike parts all the time. I have never dealt with anyone that I don't question their price even if their price is set at $1 for $100 worth of goods.... I will try to get it for .50 cents... However... his prices are set fopr a reason which I mentioned before.... I don't have to pay them... but letting weeks go by between interactions cost you my business. Putting me off and not letting me know things like when the next batch was going to be ready etc. etc.. for 7+ days at a time were what I was upset about. Because I trusted that I would be taken care of in time to get home and enjoy my bike without having to rush anything or alter my wife's schedule. Again, this thread was my vent... but as requested...

(GoldenChild writting in red)

7/9/09 From GoldenChild
the silver ones are under billet accessories,what year/make/model bike?color extensions you want black($40 more) or silver?
I can do a package deal on them,with chain, brake line and possibly a chain guard depending on bike..

7/9/09 From GoldenChild
Thanks for the quick response! Ive got a 2008 Hayabusa... looking for black and I want to be at about 4inches of stretch all said and done.

let me see what i can do about that as they start at 4" in one style and 3" in other style and you have to tighten chain so that may be tough..

7/9/09 From GoldenChild
ok. well between 3-5 inch stretch... my machine is still used as a daily rider and im doing this for some track performance and for looks as well.. i dont want to lose all turning capability... if you guide me in the right direction for my purpose Ill trust your judgement.

ok you should be okay then...i'll work you up a package.thanks for your service.lmk if you need any other parts and will get you a nice package setup..I carry alot of parts I don't have listed yet..

7/9/09 From GoldenChild
Well in that case. i am currently looking for (in addition to the extensions) a new rear sprocket.. it was recommended to my from a friend to go with a 45 tooth (+2 if Im not mistaken), also looking for a triple tree clamp and adjustable rear lowering links. Have anything in stock like this?

I can get rear sprocket,black clamp(what style you like?) and 3 hole or turn style links out with other stuff no problem,just need idea of what you like or I will sell you what I would use..I honestly don't like to sell stuff that I wouldn't use myself.

7/9/09 From GoldenChild
Thats what i heard about you to be honest im not so sure about the clamps. I just want one that will let me drop the front to match the black and allow me to lock my wheel out.. i dont want to change the height of my clip ons.. i like the current riding position. as far as lowering links.. i would like the turn style if thats what you recommend.. to allow for easier and more adjustments as well as a safer design am I correct?

I assume the sprocket will work with the chain you are selling me so no questions there

well if you lower bike is gonna move you forward some as your changing geometry a bit.

7/9/09 From GoldenChild
oh.. and BTW- thank you for taking the time to sell me your products Most people I email don't even bother getting back with me. Which makes no sense to me since I am giving them my money.. but whatever... great to deal with someone who is a good businessman!

I will do my best to make sure your happy and my sales don't end after we hang up or stop emailing.I'm here after the sale.I can't compete with some site prices as I buy for one store but I will give you the customer service like no other 50 stores will.so when you get time send me 1 list of all the stuff you want and I will shoot it back with total.

7/9/09 From GoldenChild
Awesome! Thats great to hear. Well you've got my wish list for lowering, gearing and extending. Thats the extent of what im working on right now. Just found out Ive got to replace the roof on my house so modding funds got cut! Trying to put the priorities first.. BUSA! Ehehe.[/quote]

I understand,shoot me over 1 list off all you need or I will go back and read them for info.,..

7/15/09 From GoldenChild
Hey GC, wanted to know if you got my list I sent last Friday? Any problems with the items on it?[/quote]

i got it give me a couple more days and i'll get you right,got a major job im right in middle of and it's gotta go...

7/15/09 From GoldenChild
Ok, no big issue. i just have to get an order shipped NLT mid next week due the schedule of my bike being in the shop and my wife being in school during august. If you say we can work it ill wait for you.[/quote]

i'll get you right gonna knock these 2 jobs out then gonna work on all my ordering,pricing

7/22/09 From GoldenChild
Any problems?[/quote]

hey almost got you squared up on order..

7/30/09 From GoldenChild
Toal would be $1250 for all the same stuff I would use on my shop bikes,this is no junk stuff it's all nice and up to my specs on what I would use myself

My bike is a 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

Adjustable lowering links for the rear (turn style)
Front fork clamp for lowering
Swing arm extensions (black) for a 3-6inch (-ish) extension
Chain for the extension
Extended brake line
+2 rear sprocket
extended chain guard
adjustable kickstand

Last edited:
7/31/09 From GoldenChild
Wow. Well thats a bit more than I was planning on spending. I still have to get a couple other parts and my budget is limited. I have received 2 other quotes. Both quotes have all the parts you have listed minus the chain guard and Im sitting at right about $900 for thos[/quote]

ok no problem...take care..

8/01/09 From GoldenChild
Im still pretty addicted to your swing arm extensions though. What can you sell me the extensions (Black), chain and brake line extension for?

$675 for chain,extensions,brake line,extended chain guard shipped

8/01/09 From GoldenChild
DID YOU SAY SOMETHING IN THIS MESSAGE?
Yes, I guess i put it in the middle of the quote by mistake. How soon can you ship?

let me check status of next batch of extensions

8/10/09 From GoldenChild
Do you have the ability to ship them now or no? Im home in less than two weeks and my wife has been putting off getting the bike finished for me as we await your extension answers. I am just wanting the extensions; nothing else.

go ahead with one of the other guys stuff...machinist machine down and i'm in moving process...Thanks

8/11/09 From GoldenChild
Ok, so I put my stuff on hold since 09 July when I first messaged you. You said you would take care of me. Now a month later I'm not even able to order the items I was told you would sell me. This is exactly why I never have patience with businessmen that don't work hard and fast to earn my business... I had quite a bit of patience with you and now I find it was wasted time. That's not a real good business plan.

dude read your post you said to me" Wow. Well thats a bit more than I was planning on spending. I still have to get a couple other parts and my budget is limited. I have received 2 other quotes. Both quotes have all the parts you have listed minus the chain guard and Im sitting at right about $900 for those."

This means you found a betterprice for less stuff and didn't need my stuff.I held all you needed till you wrote this,then I sold it,I can't hold items but so long then they have to go.Sorry you feel this way,I was waiting on you to decide and the above message says to me and any other person selling you something to go on,i have found what I needed elsewhere.my price included exactly what you needed not part of it,lowering a bike requires a kickstand lowering of some sort and a longer guard cause sprocket will be further back not covering the chain and my extensions are way better built than the net stuff you will probably end up with hence the cost...ope it all works out for you.

Back