Diary of a PO'ed customer ("sponsor")

busa-josh

Got Tires?
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry if this is poorly written or hard to understand... i dont have a lot of time right now and Im pretty ticked so I wanted to get this out there... gotta get off this computer and head back to work.

I spent over 6 weeks trying to buy parts from a "sponsor" connected with this site"

July 8th - July 15th ----> PMs back and forth with sponsor figuring out exactly what I need for my bike.

July 15th ----> Message sent to me saying "I will work up the quote and get back with you soon"

July 17th -----> I explained that I really appreciated his quick work and responses and I really had to get the stuff shipped soon because I would be headed home for R&R from Iraq shortly.

July 17th - July 29th -----> No responses.... on the 29th I post a message on the forum asking other sponsors to please give me price quotes for the items. I received 3 quotes.. ranging from $850-$990. In this time I built my open quote off of websites that came out to $1025 shipped.

July 30th ------> "Sponsor" finally PMs me an apology email and a quote for $1250. A full 25%+ higher than all the other quotes.

I spent the next three days explaining that was too much and I would like to buy less stuff from him to bring the price down. The shopping list with fewer items still came out extremely high. On August 5th(ish) I ask him to tell me when he can ship the items. I didn't hear anything back for 8 days when I finally PM'd him and asked him for just one part... some swingarm extensions... because I think his are pretty wicked and I really only cared about them.

Two days later he responds to tell me that he will be unable to complete my order and I should order through someone else.

I am over here busting my butt everyday in the heat and sand and all I hear about (besides Sotomayor) is how bad the economy is. I hear how no one in the states can find work.. and everyone is tight on money and businesses are going under. At the moment I have one of the few jobs that pretty secure... but I have to fight to buy something from someone???

Im pretty ticked off because I got my hopes up about coming home to this wicked looking bike for my two week vacation and now Im 2 weeks out from being at my doorstep and I still have no parts. I feel I was extremely patient with this "sponsor" and when I told him this and how I felt he had a pretty bad business plan... to have people wait and wait and wait then tell them they cant complete the order.... HE BLAMED THE WHOLE THING ON ME. citing that I didn't want to pay what he was asking.. and that he tried and tried to come through for me and it was my fault and I was a bad customer...

I own a small forum that has no sponsors.. but about 1000 members... IF I had sponsors- I wouldnt have my name connected to these business practices for anything. I think its really sad that someone who wants to spend money on something has to go through the irritation and problems that I did over the last month. Quite simply Im pretty tore up about the whole thing because its just added stress on top of my daily life.. and maybe Im making a bigger thing out of it than it should be simply because Ive been working without a break for about 10 months now over here so Im a little hyper-sensitive... but this guy is off his rocker.

I am sorry to see your frustration. If you still have two weeks I would recommend GoldenChild, if he doesn't have something he can probably get it and he does it rather quickly. Of course I do not know which one you had the bad experience with. I know it is not what you want to hear, but at least ultimately he said he could not do it so you at least have some chance to find another vendor. May I ask why you didn't simply go with one of the other quotes? Or what you built out by yourself? I am sure there are a variety of members here, myself included, that would help coordinate with you to make sure you have the items you want when you get home.

Thanks for serving, can't be said enough. :rulez: :beerchug:

Tough situation, for sure.

Have you contacted any of the board administrators or Captain directly for an off-screen conversation? Just wondering if there might be some type of assistance or resolution through that channel...

Thanks very much for your service. We appreciate it deeply and I personally wish you a safe journey home, and an enjoyable time while you're here.

If there's anything any of us can help with, I'm confident you'll get the attention you deserve.

:beerchug:

Scar

Sorry about your issues, please give us your consideration in the future. PLEASE post up who the sponsor is so the sponsors that try and work with customers don't get tagged with this message please!

Last edited:
Well GPW it wasnt you! I probably should have spent my money with you when you first contacted me... but as you see I had a reason for holding out as I felt the need to try to remain loyal to the person who first said they would help me.

I didn't really want to post a name of anyone on here... if this whole situation was a fluke and the guy is having a bad summer or something in his personal life is going on that is effecting business I would hate to add to the stress. I was more less venting about the issue. It is not my intent to "punish" someone ... I did BCC Captain on one long set of PMs... unforuntately he would not be able to see a date time stamp... I will let that be enough for this and he can decide what to or what not to say or do about it.

I am sorry to see your frustration. If you still have two weeks I would recommend GoldenChild, if he doesn't have something he can probably get it and he does it rather quickly. Of course I do not know which one you had the bad experience with. I know it is not what you want to hear, but at least ultimately he said he could not do it so you at least have some chance to find another vendor. May I ask why you didn't simply go with one of the other quotes? Or what you built out by yourself? I am sure there are a variety of members here, myself included, that would help coordinate with you to make sure you have the items you want when you get home.

Thanks for serving, can't be said enough. :rulez: :beerchug:
Thank you, and I didn't go with the other quotes because I always try to figure out what the person on the other end is going through and because he had a specifically designed part that I havent seen elsewhere that I really liked. Other people sang good praises for this 'sponsor' so I decided to wait it out. I figured that maybe he was having a bad month so I was back burner and so Id give him time and maybe it would clear up... but in the end I got blamed and wow that really makes me mad...

Sorry to say the obvious, but your first mistake was putting up with ANY crap from him after you got the quote from the other guys.

After searching a few of your posts, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who you're talking about, although I won't mention their name either...

I have also had similar experiences with the slow response time and astronomical prices. GPW, StreetNTrack, and Pashnit will get you what you need in a hurry. Just my .02.

You're right on point. GPW has been great though I havent ordered anything from him. Pashnit is another one who I have ordered parts from in the past and just recently... great to deal with and both seem to know how to run a business.

lets see what capt decides to do... good thing i dont have any purchases upcoming..hate the hit and miss stuff

I spent over 6 weeks trying to buy parts from a "sponsor" connected with this site"
July 8th - July 15th ----> PMs back and forth with sponsor figuring out exactly what I need for my bike.
July 15th ----> Message sent to me saying "I will work up the quote and get back with you soon"
July 17th -----> I explained that I really appreciated his quick work and responses and I really had to get the stuff shipped soon because I would be headed home for R&R from Iraq shortly.
July 17th - July 29th -----> No responses.... on the 29th I post a message on the forum asking other sponsors to please give me price quotes for the items. I received 3 quotes.. ranging from $850-$990. In this time I built my open quote off of websites that came out to $1025 shipped.

July 30th ------> "Sponsor" finally PMs me an apology email and a quote for $1250. A full 25%+ higher than all the other quotes.

]

you could have saved yourself alot of frustration by simply choosing an alternative sponsor/website to order from on July 29th/30th and had parts for your bike en route right now:whistle:
Im sure the distance/difficulty with or lack of quick/easy communication had to be a major factor in this issue. Hope the sponsor explains their inactions a lil more in depth @least to you, personally, as the customer who got jipped. Im sure another one of our MANY good, reliable, trustworthy sponsors (many of whom I've dealt with and continue to use) will try their best to help you get what you want for your bike in time to enjoy it:beerchug:

Good luck and thank u for your service:bowdown:

Just a thought, but some of these guys will quote a package and discount some items while making a heap on others. If you ended up buying only the item that he quoted low (just a thought) then perhaps he wasn't making any money on the deal?

It's not an excuse, but just possibly something to think about. If true, he should have the decency to just admit that.

You may be right.. however the price for the item was listed on the website for a reasonable amount by itself. Not sure where all the extra money came from. I wasn't really knocking the guy for his prices.. People set prices for a reason and thats fine. I dont have to pay them and I dont call them names for doing it that way. Bad business is trying to force a customer to decision on the spot. Quite frankly im pretty sick of hearing 'our parts are the best and everyone else makes junk' line too ehehehe.. either way.. its over..

My wife just got off the phone with Bart at Tobefast... he gave us a SMOKIN' deal on everything I was looking for and after reading some reviews elsewhere I believe they will be quality parts I wont have to worry about. They will also be at my house first of next week.. in time for them to get installed at my dealer @ less than labor costs since I spend so much money at that place.. eheheh... I do want to thank GPW though.. i asked that fella for a quote on something in a message a couple weeks ago and he PM'd me until all my questions were asked. Just bad timing with the other stuff Tobefast carried something that has the exact looks I was going for.

You should definitely call this sponsor out. They don't diserve to be a sponsor if this is how they treat "customers".

I don't think he should do that at all. I think he did the right thing in creating this post to vent and emailing the Admins. I believe that one bad interaction with a potential customer isn't worthy of getting your name dragged through the mud. As Busa-Josh mentioned the sponsor could just be going through some sort of rough spot and since we haven't heard the sponsors side of things we shouldn't judge to harshly here.

I'm sure the admins keep track of this sort of thing and if a sponsor continues to have these types of issues the admins will resolve the issue in the best possible manor.

Thanks for your service Busa-Josh :bowdown:

:peoples: So you're upset because YOU went back for more hassle and aggravation? What did you hope to accomplish by going back? Why would you even bother, he's late and more expensive? What possible reason do you have to be posting this here now full of sour grapes?

Makes no sense. Why would you deal with ANYONE who doesn't get back to you in a reasonable amount of time? Then waste more time venting about his prices when you're not even doing business with him? Sounds like you've got more important things to worry about than someone getting back to you or not, don't waste the time complaining just get on with your order elsewhere, get your machine built the way you want it and be stoked.

It's pretty simple. Business "A" didn't want your money bad enough at the time, other folks did. You reward the other business with your money. Done! The guy who didn't get back to you doesn't get your money and if he or she makes a habit of it then they'll be out of business soon enough.

Nothing to get frustrated about.

Last edited:
Well Captain got part of the story through PM... and probably the rest of the story here if he read this post... im emotionally involved in it because it pissed me off... so i think calling him wouldnt do much as is it just he said & she said thing... one of two things will happen-

1. He will not do this to someone else
2. It will happen again and hopefully that person will allow the board owner a view into the story and a decision can be made that will result in that person not being associated with the board any longer.

I'm the sponsor post all of the messages that was sent between us.I have no problem with you doing it,but don't lie please.

Don't judge me by this post till you see the truth.If he don't post it all,then i guess we will know why..I won't even entertain it,with more wasted time.

You don't ask for a quote,get quality products for cheap,then decide to buy elsewhere cause they were cheaper,then come back and wanna buy part of the parts quoted when you decided to buy elsewhere,then expect parts to be still sitting there...We make very little on parts as is and not gonna hold them when they can be sold to someone that can use them and willing to pay for quality parts.I won't sacrifice what I have built for cheap parts that will cost me more in time and $ than I made...IF I WON'T USE IT I WON'T SELL IT,YOU CAN BUY JUNK ALL DAY LONG ON THE NET WITH NO SERVICE AFTER THE SELL ALL DAY,BUT NOT FROM ME.I BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR MYSELF A LONG TIME BEFORE I CAME HERE AND PLAN TO STAY IN IT A LONG TIME WHILE I'M HERE AND $$ WON'T BE MY SACRAFICE FOR MY NAME....THERE IS A REASON CUSTOMERS FROM THIS BOARD AND OTHERS BUY FROM ME EVEN THOUGH PRICE MAY BE HIGHER,HONESTY KEEPS ME IN BUSINESS NOT THE $$,CAUSE THERE IS NONE IN THE INDUSTRY...END OF STORY...

Last edited:
Back