Dent in my cans no more

Very nice, looks like a nice clean cut, what did you use to make the cut with? Was the cut section of the sleeve left toward the midpipe or is it to the back where the end cap would cover/hide any jaggies? Not critisizing, just curious as to how you ended up with such a clean cut end on the sleeve toward the midpipe.

Great job rtgt! Came out looking really nice :thumbsup:

You going to make it to Spring Bash this year?

I'll be at the spring and fall bash this year again. Fall bash didn't go as planned but thats another thread. I went to the dragon 5x this past year, hope to get a few more in this year.

Very nice, looks like a nice clean cut, what did you use to make the cut with? Was the cut section of the sleeve left toward the midpipe or is it to the back where the end cap would cover/hide any jaggies? Not critisizing, just curious as to how you ended up with such a clean cut end on the sleeve toward the midpipe.

I used a bandsaw at work. I ran some tape around the can and cut as close as I could, then took a grinder and finished off. I used a dremel inside the can to cut the baffle back about 1 inch to reinstall the coupling. I didn't have any problems, just took my time over a couple of days. The cut was made at the end of the midpipe.

very nice looking but I demand a video clip for sound quality testing.:thumbsup:

I didn't notice much difference in the sound which was a good thing. Maybe a little louder when its in the upper rpms, but really hard to tell.

Can you post your original thread on how to do this? I may be interested in this depending on the steps and tools required.

Looks great! :thumbsup:

I seen this posted and used this info to work on mine. Not exactly the same but it gave me enough info to do mine. If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them. I did alot of the work at my job, they don't approve of people using cameras, so no pics. Bandsaw, dremel, handgrinder, pop rivet gun, and basic hand tools. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-mods/72658-stock-can-muffler-mod-cut-gut-thing.html

Just noticed you're running on some shinko ravens too. although it doesnt look like you're using them fully.:whistle:

I've had them over to the edge numerous times. I've been thru the dragon about 10x and the snake 4x with them but about 6000 miles on the highway. I'm going to try the bt-021 in the rear and the bt-016 up front when spring arrives. I'm pleased with the ravens but hope to push my riding a little more this season.

I used a bandsaw at work. I ran some tape around the can and cut as close as I could, then took a grinder and finished off. I used a dremel inside the can to cut the baffle back about 1 inch to reinstall the coupling. I didn't have any problems, just took my time over a couple of days. The cut was made at the end of the midpipe.

Very cool, nice job. I feel that most cans just look way too long, what you've got there looks just right. :thumbsup:

Back