Deleting catalytic converter GEN 3

TommyBusa1

Registered
Hi guys, it’s been a while really busy. Hope all are well and healthy. I’m going to delete/cut out the cat converter from my GEN 3. Check out the photos and I want the dual system because I love the way it looks on the booster and slip on the Yoshi.

Pipe 7.jpeg

Pipe 3.jpeg

Pipe 5.jpeg

Pipes 2.jpeg

Pipes.jpeg

How much is this new setup going to cost?

I’m curious the reason on modifying the stock header vs going to a full yosh system

the header in the pic is not a stock header that’s been modified. i’m going to assume you going with a similar setup? good luck with the mod

How much is this new setup going to cost?

I’m curious the reason on modifying the stock header vs going to a full yosh system
I really like the looks of the Hayabusa with the dual system. It’s a very distinctive DNA and zero aftermarket companies are offering maybe one or two of them but quality doesn’t look that great plus I’m going to install the slip on Yoshi’s praying for a deeper louder sound. We are all used to the high pitch sounds on sports bikes ex Arrow on Yamaha’s. The sound is totally different on Busa’s deep throated with the cat deleting the cat I’m hoping for a louder deeper sound not obnoxious but more bass

the header in the pic is not a stock header that’s been modified. i’m going to assume you going with a similar setup? good luck with the mod
Yes definitely I take it for Wishon may the luck I’m gonna need it looking for my reading glasses now Lol. I’ll definitely post as I go along.

I really like the looks of the Hayabusa with the dual system. It’s a very distinctive DNA and zero aftermarket companies are offering maybe one or two of them but quality doesn’t look that great plus I’m going to install the slip on Yoshi’s praying for a deeper louder sound. We are all used to the high pitch sounds on sports bikes ex Arrow on Yamaha’s. The sound is totally different on Busa’s deep throated with the cat deleting the cat I’m hoping for a louder deeper sound not obnoxious but more bass
The cost right now is unknown so far 200 and I’m asking for favors, pulling strings Lmaoooooo definitely keep you posted

You want bass? My Yoshimura Hepta Force slip-ons are ear-ticklingly bassy. I've never heard so much bass on a bike...even with ear plugs.

I've been thinking of installing the included db killers to quiet them down. I suspect I wouldn't tolerate them with no cat if adapting them to an aftermarket dual pipe header was possible.

These pipes only scream above 7K RPM, but are otherwise quiet. It's that subwoofer-ish bass that I find too much on the lower rev range.

I agree that the dual can setup is a trademark for the busa, but I thought yosh makes a full system with dual mufflers and I was asking why work the stock header instead of going to that system.

I wish Yoshi had a system and watch after I'm done with the project they're going to make an announcement of a dual system. Lmaoooooo

You want bass? My Yoshimura Hepta Force slip-ons are ear-ticklingly bassy. I've never heard so much bass on a bike...even with ear plugs.

I've been thinking of installing the included db killers to quiet them down. I suspect I wouldn't tolerate them with no cat if adapting them to an aftermarket dual pipe header was possible.

These pipes only scream above 7K RPM, but are otherwise quiet. It's that subwoofer-ish bass that I find too much on the lower rev range.
You're right 7K rpm... Can't wait sharing a couple of photos of progress.

I wish Yoshi had a system and watch after I'm done with the project they're going to make an announcement of a dual system. Lmaoooooo

They do
Webbike Japan sells them, and ships to the U.S.

As for the rust on the headers, that's normal, but they could use better fasteners.
Even the "stainless steel" M4 header I put on the '18 gsxr1k has some surface rust...the quality ss these days...

Back