Cat delete to 2 to 1 one sided?

donnymize

Registered
Howdy Ya'll,
I have a 2012 Gen 2 I want to do a cat delete and make it one sided also without doing the entire system. So basically I would like to know if anyone knows of a cat delete that is a 2 to 1? I have seen the dual sided cat deletes but not single sided. Am I looking for a unicorn? Need to have it fabricated?(which for that cost I'll just do whole system).

are u chasing noise or performance? unless you are a good fabricator it’s going to be hard to beat a professionally made system. if u want noise you can use a car exhaust Y pipe to join the factory header. might not gain you much performance but it could be done on the cheap. don’t forget you might need a fuel controller and an o2 sensor simulator.

are u chasing noise or performance? unless you are a good fabricator it’s going to be hard to beat a professionally made system. if u want noise you can use a car exhaust Y pipe to join the factory header. might not gain you much performance but it could be done on the cheap. don’t forget you might need a fuel controller and an o2 sensor simulator.
Chasing performance at a minimal cost, going to single side adds a few hp. I know most of the OEM parts on these bikes are better than most aftermarket parts and don't have 1k to spend on complete system when all I need is a Y pipe with right mount and sensor connection the 2 sided one is a slip on for around a 100, so I thought there has to be a single sided one already out there.

The biggest advantage of going to a single system is the weight loss....

I personally can't see where you can turn the factory duel headers into a single system without taking it all off and modifying by cutting and welding out the second pipe...after doing all that, you are better off going to a factory made system which are tuned by use of pipe diameter and bends.

the single side doesn’t necessarily make more hp, its the header design. how it times exhaust pulses, maintains exhaust velocity, etc. you will probably lose some weight but the factory header bends were designed for a dual setup. if you look at some aftermarket single sided headers, some do away with the crossover tube and bring the primary tubes together on the brake lever side for a gradual bend. the factory primary tubes don’t come together. also you need to calculate the exhaust pipe volume to exceed the factory set up of 2 pipes otherwise your single tube will flow less. if you plan on running a PC with o2 delete plug, i have those for a gen 2 i can sell.

Back