DEI Merlin 2000 alarm problem!!!!!!!!!!!

crazy_mooh

Registered
I bought the bike with the alarm and have it for a month now siting in my garage. Last night I heard a worried sound from the backup battery so I get the key and the remote but they didn't work and nothing in the bike work light, even I can't start. The alarm started and I can't stop it. So, I removed the CPU to stop the sound.

Any ideas what the problem????

If the remote did not disarm the alarm then you may need to replace the remote. There should also be a valet switch(a black push button) mounted somewhere to put the alarm in valet mode. Here is a link to the owners manual to show how to put it into valet and a list of troubleshooting techniques: http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/merlin/122M.pdf

Read disarming without a transmitter on page 11.

I may be the back up battery siren going off, there is a separate key to disarm it. (page 12 - 13)

It says the siren will go off if the main battery is low or if the main batter is disconnected.

Hope this helps.

If the remote did not disarm the alarm then you may need to replace the remote. There should also be a valet switch(a black push button) mounted somewhere to put the alarm in valet mode. Here is a link to the owners manual to show how to put it into valet and a list of troubleshooting techniques: http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/merlin/122M.pdf

Read disarming without a transmitter on page 11.

I may be the back up battery siren going off, there is a separate key to disarm it. (page 12 - 13)

It says the siren will go off if the main battery is low or if the main batter is disconnected.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the help actually I just charge the battery and it works fine, but I notice that horn and back signals doesn’t' work??!!!

Check the fuses for the horn and signals first. Also, there may be fuses coming off the alarm for the signals(if they are hooked up), check those second. The fuses on the alarm should not however be the cause of the turn signals not working from the bike's turn signal control on the handle bar.

If fuses are not the problem, let us know and we will try and troubleshoot.

I actually installed this alarm on my gsxr - 600 and I loved it. It comes with a lot of great features for a good price.

Check the fuses for the horn and signals first. Also, there may be fuses coming off the alarm for the signals(if they are hooked up), check those second. The fuses on the alarm should not however be the cause of the turn signals not working from the bike's turn signal control on the handle bar.

If fuses are not the problem, let us know and we will try and troubleshoot.

I actually installed this alarm on my gsxr - 600 and I loved it. It comes with a lot of great features for a good price.

the front signals are working but the back and horn doesn't working, and I don't know where is the horn fues locatied???

The fuses should be located under the left inner panel next under the left clip on.

Back