Dealership called front brake recall

I’m the guy that takes video and pics before handing the keys over to the service guy too… they didn’t like that.
I recommend documenting your vehicle and mileage yourself. My daughter dropped her one year old car in 2007 off at the dealer for a sensor replacement under warranty, 7 days later they called and said your car is ready so my daughter went to pick up her car and it had an additional 451 miles on the odometer. The dealer denied everything even though the service writer wrote down the mileage on the service ticket and my daughter verified the mileage herself. Through my own investigation I found out the mechanics wife was arrested in there only car in Georgia for or a DUI during that 7 days which is about a 451 mile round trip. I requested their parking lot camera footage and they said unfortunately there cameras aren’t working at the moment. I called the local police department and they said I could come down and file a report but it would never go anywhere because that dealership is a town legacy. I couldn’t afford an attorney and I ended up getting no satisfaction because the owner himself called me and said his service department would never do such a thing, his TV commercials even says he’s the most honest dealer around so he has to be telling the truth right? Hum seems I got a bit off topic! I guess I’m still feeling that sting.

Got mine done today. Front brake feels weird, I hope it’s normal as I chalked it up to me being too critical. I’m the guy that takes video and pics before handing the keys over to the service guy too… they didn’t like that.
Yaaaaaa....BUDDY !!!!. I think that's great of you.

I just like doing my own stuff. I appreciate your diligence. Dealer techs take offense ?, poor boys. They just know you're holding them accountable. If all service technicians were responsible, it would be a perfect world.

If I do work for a friend or someone in the community, I test the system that I've serviced, I'm not really interested in how fast the darn thing goes, or what model of machine it is.

If, in fact, the brake isn't to your liking, and isn't firm enough it may be because of the ABS system in general, or they left air in one of the nooks and crannies. Non-abs is a different animal.

Then again, I've had great success with bleeding the system backwards from the caliper to the master.

OK my recall completed yesterday. My feel didn't change at all. I jumped on and just rode it. I was soft on it at first because of new tires and fresh oil.wanted to make sure no leaks etc. After 50 miles I kicked it up a bit. Still brakes the same.

OK my recall completed yesterday. My feel didn't change at all. I jumped on and just rode it. I was soft on it at first because of new tires and fresh oil.wanted to make sure no leaks etc. After 50 miles I kicked it up a bit. Still brakes the same.
That's good to know, mine goes in tomorrow and the brakes are currently fantastic so it'd better come back the same

I recommend documenting your vehicle and mileage yourself. My daughter dropped her one year old car in 2007 off at the dealer for a sensor replacement under warranty, 7 days later they called and said your car is ready so my daughter went to pick up her car and it had an additional 451 miles on the odometer. The dealer denied everything even though the service writer wrote down the mileage on the service ticket and my daughter verified the mileage herself. Through my own investigation I found out the mechanics wife was arrested in there only car in Georgia for or a DUI during that 7 days which is about a 451 mile round trip. I requested their parking lot camera footage and they said unfortunately there cameras aren’t working at the moment. I called the local police department and they said I could come down and file a report but it would never go anywhere because that dealership is a town legacy. I couldn’t afford an attorney and I ended up getting no satisfaction because the owner himself called me and said his service department would never do such a thing, his TV commercials even says he’s the most honest dealer around so he has to be telling the truth right? Hum seems I got a bit off topic! I guess I’m still feeling that sting.
Man, I got angry reading that. That's really messed-up. Some people really suck beyond comprehension!

Waiting for part to arrive at dealership. When I called he hadn’t heard of recall and was shocked when I read it to him saying “that doesn’t sound good at all”. Lol. He ordered part and will call me upon arrival to schedule appointment.

Bike brakes well now but I did get the spongy brake lever once while starting bike. Felt just like it does after changing pads due to pistons having been pushed back. A few handle pumps and was back to normal. If this were to happen while riding, it could be fatal!!!!

Normally I may ignore a BS safety recall. This one is not to be ignored.

Waiting for part to arrive at dealership. When I called he hadn’t heard of recall and was shocked when I read it to him saying “that doesn’t sound good at all”. Lol. He ordered part and will call me upon arrival to schedule appointment.

Bike brakes well now but I did get the spongy brake lever once while starting bike. Felt just like it does after changing pads due to pistons having been pushed back. A few handle pumps and was back to normal. If this were to happen while riding, it could be fatal!!!!

Normally I may ignore a BS safety recall. This one is not to be ignored.
And I had that exact situation happen. I was exiting off I-95, grabbed the brakes and the front brake went right to the grip. I pumped it up quickly, but it could have been bad. I took it to the dealer the next day and it fortunately coincided with the recall being announced. I have it back now and the brakes feel much better.

Hello friends! Now, word of the recall campaign has finally gotten around in Germany. 14 days ago I received an official letter from Suzuki and a request from the authorities to have the action carried out.

Our importer is an absolute snorer! My dealer said "well, bring them here and see if they are affected, there are only a few according to Suzuki". Sorry but that's bullshit, almost every Busa driver in Germany is affected and has been contacted, so the action can't be as "small" as we're told.

I also think it's great that in the US you're even compensated for your circumstances. I was wondering if I should ask Suzuki Germany if we could get something like that, but I think I can hear the laughter hundreds of kilometers away. -.-

I'm supposed to take mine to the dealer at the end of April, I hope the road salt will finally be off the streets and the brakes will work properly afterwards. Well, and the parts have to be there too, the dealer currently said that the spare parts situation in Germany is a disaster for Suzuki. Only positive thinking helps!

I know that well! About 20 years ago I had a rather rare car in Germany, a Ford Mondeo ST220. A lovely car, 226hp from a 3.0

Liter V6 engine, a beautiful sedan.

But very rarely, since most people here drive BMWs, Audis and Mercedes. Decadent as the German is. I immediately liked the Ford and it was affordable too, many thousands of bucks cheaper than German brands, but better equipped, prettier, more reliable and with more character.

I'm very picky when it comes to my cars, despite children, dog and family, I pay a lot of attention to cleanliness, inside and out. That's why I immediately notice when something is wrong. I had to take the car for a recall at the time, the power steering line could break and this has resulted in some serious fires. When I got the car back I had 100 miles more on the odometer, the front and rear floor mats were full of dirty big footprints, the door sills were covered with mud. I also had stone chips in the paint on the bonnet and the average consumption in the on-board computer showed 18.4 liters. Normally I drove the part with 8.5!

I was about to run amok! And I don't get it when it's a joke! But I wasn't quite that stupid, grabbed a mechanic who didn't know me and said "hey, that's a great car there, isn't it? I'd also like to drive it". He then said.."haaa, this thing works like hell! My colleagues and I drove the thing onto the freeway after work! I'll tell you, we had fun, the thing runs at 250 km/h and when you do it turning red...what a sound".

He wasn't so relaxed when I grabbed the guy and said he should now show me exactly who it was and name the colleagues! And then, of course, out of fear for their job, they told me "Yes, wait a minute...the salesman let two customers test drive it because there is practically nowhere else to try a car like this!"

I grabbed the salesman and the drink on the table wasn't the only thing I threw in his face!

The cool thing was, no one acted guilty in any way! As if that were normal, I shouldn't get so upset. The damage to the paintwork would definitely not be repaired, the engine would be able to cope if you constantly drove it into the red zone and anyway, what do I even want?!

Well, I had to settle the whole thing with a lawyer, I even placed ads in the newspaper about how the customers' cars were treated there and at night I stuck posters on the dealership with warnings!

Today it would be easier, but back then we didn't have smartphones and social networks! :D

Dealer's had bike since Monday, promised Wednesday then today, still not done the job. Getting pretty pissed now.

• Sad
Reactions: VNE
Back