daytona

DaveO

Never Forgotten
Rotts4u

I remember that guy on the XX last year behind the gas station. Wanted to race, roll ons only ,against a 1070 FZR i brought. We did the same, 2nd gear rolls. I took him by a bike, and kept going.

He claimed the XX was stock before we went, everyone in Daytona is "STOCK". The FZR was about 170rwhp, and surprised him. After he lost he owned up to a lot of engine work, about 160+rwhp. He was late 40's, maybe 50, black leather. He beat a lot of people with that XX.

Dave

Did you guys also make it to the Deland drags? I met a guy at the parking lot of the exhibit who was having starting problems. He was from Louisianna. Did anyone else run into him? Did you check out Brock Davidson's Blue one in the Speedway? How about the Yosh and Tracy Design ones in the team Suzuki garage?

Just like to say it was nice meeting everyone in daytona--now i can put a few faces to these names--(Tennessee-- it was good to see you again also and i never found out if you beat the double x over at the hess station--let me know how it went) you can e me at hallazz@webtv.net --good run gsxxxr i had a lot of fun at the drags-- unjapan whats up? Im back from daytona so send me a e---- later

Yes I did beat the old man on the XX. As Joe (freqFlyr) said he was talking smack so I smacked him. I must say though he had one damn fast XX. We rolled on twice from 2nd gear the first time I let him get the jump out of the hole so he could not complain and it took me until 4th to reel him back in and pull ahead.

The second run I jumped with him and it still took me until 3rd to pull away. After the run he told me he has beat all the Busas he had ran so far except mine. While in Daytona I ran a few other busas too some with gear and pipe changes etc and I can see why he won. He had been way into his motor but he would not tell me exactly what he had done.

My bike has yoshi full system, wiesco pistons in stock bore, web cams, and a very mild head port, and a PCII. I am running 17/42 gears.

Take care
Don
RoadDog

congrats for putting the honda down-- also im not for sure if im going to biketoberfest this year but daytona is a definite thing every year--ill keep in touch as time gets near -- im thinking of adding nitro to my bike before i come down to florida again--ill keep you posted on those adventures but next is disney with the wife and kid---later

Yes Dave that is exactly the same guy. Second gear rollons and all. Glad to hear you beat him too !! That is one strong bird though Ill give him that much.

I am 176.2 hp on a superflow dyno and it took most all of it to get the guy.

Don

Don,

That was a strong bird. By the time I shut down, I only had a couple of bikes on him. We went out to a long straight road that crossed the hiway. Probably a good mile straight, was in 5th for a while. My bike was geared for 180, he might have been geared down a little. Asked him to do top end on the hiway and he passed....

Good job taking him down, he was preying on unsuspecting sportbike riders. The FZR I had looked nowhere near stock, so I knew he had something strong. He wouldn't go for $$$ though....

Sounds like your Busa is running WELL....

Dave

Don, hows that 16-42 combo working out for you. I'm at 16-40 now and think I need 2 more out back, its still pretty tall. What do you think?

Back