Weekend Riding with the BUSA

OB_Rogue

Registered
Good story Booker. I remember you from the ZX11 Board. What a difference the Busa makes huh? I used to think the ZX11 was the best all around bike. Then I rode the XX and I thought, it's bit better in terms of refinement but it sure handled nice. But the Busa just stomps on the XX in terms of handling & power. Turns that would make you slow down on the XX & absolutely freak out on the ZX11 is a walk in the park for the Busa.

However, rider ability is always the biggest deciding factor. I went riding on Sunday too and was going pretty fast. Well, I thought I was going pretty fast since I was scrubbing the edges of my BT56's already. The "Chicken Strip" on the left side of my rear is gone and almost the same on the right side. That's when guy on an RC51 passed me. He did it on the straight and gave me a nice wave. I don't go full bore in the straights between corners cause I'm not that good on the brakes. Instead, I ride a fast version of The Pace. Roll on the power to accelerate, roll off the power to slow for the corners and setup entry speed. So after the RC51 passes me, I wave back and try to keep up with him. No way no how. He was carrying so much more speed on corner entry than I felt comfortable with. Thus, I let him go. I guess I'm average fast but not THAT fast!

So far, I haven't encountered any 12's in the twisties. Would love to though.

[This message has been edited by Rogue (edited 24 July 2000).]

I finally got to go out for a ride on Sunday. It was a bit rainy here in the Washington, DC metropolitan area this weekend, but Sunday turned out to be nice.

The Busa was out on the prowl and I had to make a few MF's out there recognize the power and agility of the BUSA.

We started with stop light drag races. There were 7 of us 3 ZX-9's, 1 XX, 1 R1, 1 ZX-11C and my BUSA. We all pulled up to the light and when the light turned green all they saw was the back of my BUSA getting smaller and smaller. We ran it back, but the results were the same. Nothing even came close to threatening me.

Then we went to roll ons. To make this fair I decide to set them out a bit. It didn't matter. I straight slammed past everyone and then I saw that the ZX-11C was out in front (I have much respect for this bike as this is the bike I had before I bought my BUSA), but at around 160mph I came blasting by like he was rolling off the throttle. When we stopped for gasoline he said "damn that thing is fast, I was wide open when you came slamming by me." I simply said, "I know". Remember JJ from Good Times?

Last...We hit some back roads. Now here you would think the R1's and ZX-9's would have the advantage, but again it's all in how you ride and I roll when I get into a zone. There was only one dude that claimed he could have come around me, but I don't buy it as I was riding to the level of my nearest challenger. Basically I had a little bit in reserve. If I thought he was going to try to come around me I would have just given it MO-GAS.

This post was not meant in any way to be arrogant, although it may come off that way. I'm just so happy with my BUSA and my riding skills. I'm not downing anyone elses ride. I'm all about having good, clean, safe fun.

It was a great Sunday ride. I hope my fellow motorcyclist out there had as much fun as I did.

Now that's fun - no fights, no accidents, no one got hurt - just plain 'ol good time.

And yes, good rider's skill is the most important thing.

as long as you blew the zx9's out of the fking water!! i hate (most) of the people with them with a passion!!! i wanna put fk zx9's on my helmet!!

Yea I definitely put those ZX-9's in their place and the one dude that said he could have come around me just doesn't realize that I was really just cruising. I wasn't in full combat mode.

But then again don't the guys behind you all ways say that they could have come around you.

If I can see you in my mirrors you're not even close. If I can't see you in my mirrors then you are either right there with me or you're getting smoked!

This dude was visable in my mirrors.

Booker, I know what you mean about The Zone. I used to get that on my ZX11. I just end up riding it faster than usual and just ignore the bike's nervousness and the pegs touching down. But that didn't happen too often. Most of the time I was cautious on it. With the Busa....I'm always in the zone!

Rebellious13,

Yea I used ride a 1992 ZX-11. What are you riding? I assume it's a BUSA. If it is how do I know who you are?

Back