Daytona 200

Nice pic,s! thanks man!
biggrin.gif

who saw when yates kicked the other rider then elbowed him with a lot of jumping around.. then the best part, when the other rider was like "RIGHT HERE BUDDY!" (while pointing at his crotch) wonder how much he's gonna get fined for that. if anyone has it as a mpeg or somethin PLEEEEEASE POST IT ON HERE....

yea I could not believe the antics displayed by Yates. I have watched it over and over again and Yates tried to pass on the outside and jsut ran into the other guy. It is an unfortunate incident, but from what I have seen in the past with Yates this is normal behavior for him. I think he is a great rider and racer but his attitude and childish antics are going to get him in a lot of trouble. Not to mention he will loose a lot of respect from others out there that saw this. Just my opinion of the subject.

who saw when yates kicked the other rider then elbowed him with a lot of jumping around.. then the best part, when the other rider was like "RIGHT HERE BUDDY!" (while pointing at his crotch)  wonder how much he's gonna get fined for that.  if anyone has it as a mpeg or somethin PLEEEEEASE POST IT ON HERE....
Ask and you shall receive...

Clicky here!!!!!!!!

great pics & thanks for the clip BusaFever as I didn't get to see the race,Its almost like I was there....Not really but thanks again..

Nice pictures... I missed not going to Daytona this year, I heard the weather was great "no rain". It seems every year I went it rained half the time.

Great video of Yates, I watched the race on Speed and could not believe he was acting like a fool. I like Yates, but he was completly at fault. It will hurt him in the points race and I think the emotion of the moment caused him to react the way he did.

I've read in other places that Yates is going to have charges pressed against him.  I've no idea what the AMA is going to do, but he ought to get fines and point penalties.  

I watched the race on SPEED and that accident seemed to be mostly Yates' fault.  It looked to me like the other guys was moving a bit to the outside to give Yates a clear line to pass on the inside.  But Yates was moving to pass on the outside with very little room to spare.

His behavior after the wreck was terrible and unprofessional.  I know emotions were high and it was all disappointing, but taking it out on the other rider was in poor taste, to say the least.

After the incident, there were apparently some altercations between the pit crews of both teams.  The Yates crew vandalized some property of the other team and harrassed some of their sponsors.  Yikes!  There was a lot of shouting and pushing on the sides of both pit crews, but I've not seen any video of that.

AMA article
Video of crash and fighting
Another AMA article

Let 'er eat!,
You took a pic of my bike! That was weird looking through the photos and seeing my bike. It is the 8th picture in your list (blue/black).

Kinda cool. Thanks,

I dont mean to start anything bad but I do have to say that when I watched the video it looked as if the lapped rider was low and when Yates went for the pass he moved up high. I race a stock car and I know alot of you race on the track once you setup for a line into the corner it is not as easy as people think to dive hard to the inside. I would at the very least say they were both at fault I think Yates could have shown a little more patience to get by the guy seeing as how fast he caught up to him. If you are aiming for the outside of someone and they move to the outside when you are passing that fast it looks alot like a block. As far as after well If you are a factory rider you need to keep your emotions in check better than others or you may find yourself out of a ride. Its hard though being on the outside going to pass having a guy come up and hit the side of your bike they did hit side to side.

Let 'er eat!,
You took a pic of my bike!  That was weird looking through the photos and seeing my bike.  It is the 8th picture in your list (blue/black).  

Kinda cool.  Thanks,

you WERE there heh -
Hey that is pretty cool that you saw it  
biggrin.gif
I was checking out your exhaust - very nice  
bowdown.gif

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078776683 -->

Thanks for the compliment. I love the exhaust, but what a huge pain to install. Looking back it feels like it took months to finish!.

Back