Uh OH! Someone's In Trouble!

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
Who could it be? Herrin? Or maybe the elbow that was thrown his direction.

The AMA is saying someone is guilty of unsafe antics at the Daytona 200(uh I mean Daytona 147) finish and he's going to find out by mail.

Guess who?

Jeez! No one watched the 200? Didn't look like many in the stands either. I'm not a great fan of the AMA organization, but it's the U.S.'s road racing farm-club. Keep and eye on J.D. Beach.

Or at least complain about how the AMA botched the the thing. :laugh:

More info please, I only caught it for a few minutes before I had to go out again. I saw the front end wash out on one of the Geico Suzuki's, and then the race stopped with a mandatory tire change! What!? Suddenly none of the race teams knew anything about tire choice and track conditions, and you can't tell me everyone was running the exact same tires. Just seemed kinda fishy.:whistle:

More info please, I only caught it for a few minutes before I had to go out again. I saw the front end wash out on one of the Geico Suzuki's, and then the race stopped with a mandatory tire change! What!? Suddenly none of the race teams knew anything about tire choice and track conditions, and you can't tell me everyone was running the exact same tires. Just seemed kinda fishy.:whistle:

Everyone WAS running the Exact same tires.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/Mar/110316dmgexpla.htm

I didnt see anything intentional. Hard racing at the end. Thanks what happens when the draft is everything. Crazy finish though.

I didn't see anything intentional. Hard racing at the end. Thanks what happens when the draft is everything. Crazy finish though.

Yeah, I'm curious as to who is getting sanctioned and the penalty. Herrin did crowd Westby, who kinda threw an elbow at him. Herrin and Eslick had some back and forth last year , perhaps they are intending to nip it in the bud this year. Then there was the back marker and trying to draft off him, he did move down, but so did everyone one else.

Seemed to be a Racing Incident consistent with how they have ruled as such in the past.

Geeezzzzzzzzzzzzz, I never saw anything that bad. Of course with only TWO OTHERS WATCHING :rofl: it's no wonder we missed it.

Just another LOSING saga (Uhhhhhhh :whistle: , I mean the 200) in the World of AMA :laugh:

The 200 was really a POORLY run race by AMA :beerchug:

Geeezzzzzzzzzzzzz, I never saw anything that bad. Of course with only TWO OTHERS WATCHING :rofl: it's no wonder we missed it.

Just another LOSING saga (Uhhhhhhh :whistle: , I mean the 200) in the World of AMA :laugh:

What sucks is that the racing is actually getting pretty good in the AMA. They just need to give up on the 200. 15-20 laps end up with the same wild finishes. Both of the superbike races were OK.

Most of the fault is on Dunlop. Other than the communication problem creating confusion they followed the rule book. DiSalvo's re entry and the red flag finish were legit. Unusual circumstances and bizarre results for sure but all within the rules.

What sucks is that the racing is actually getting pretty good in the AMA. They just need to give up on the 200. 15-20 laps end up with the same wild finishes. Both of the superbike races were OK.

The 600's in the AMA are more exciting to watch than Moto GP. The GP is almost predictable.

My question to Dunlop AND the AMA is, why did it take 2 hours to change tires. Didn't anyone have spare tires in their pits and if not, that's a POOR Team management problem. All these tires are returned to Dunlop after the race, so NON USED spares isn't a $$$ problem ???

My question to Dunlop AND the AMA is, why did it take 2 hours to change tires. Didn't anyone have spare tires in their pits and if not, that's a POOR Team management problem. All these tires are returned to Dunlop after the race, so NON USED spares isn't a $$$ problem ???

From what I have read about it. They went with a completely different compound tire than what everyone was already running. The main reason they stopped it was that there were teams that were going to try and do the whole race on one front tire and did not bring another front wheel setup to change out easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 600's in the AMA are more exciting to watch than Moto GP. The GP is almost predictable.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Moto GP, but Moto 2 is a blast to watch! I still think WSB and WSS are some of the best racing out there. I just wish it was in Hi def!

An E-mail From Graves Yamaha Rider Josh Herrin
by josh herrin
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Graves Yamaha rider Josh Herrin sent this to us last night and asked that it be posted. -- Editor

Ever since I was a little kid racing mini bikes it has been my dream to become a professional racer. Five years ago, after years of hard work and dedication, I had the good fortune to achieve my goal of becoming a professional racer.

For me as a racer, it's incredibly disappointing when I don't win, and sometimes in the heat of the moment at a race's conclusion, make statements which are regrettable. That said; I would like to set the records straight and say that I did not intend to get caught up in the last lap incident that jeopardized my fellow racers Dane Westby and Taylor Knapp. I am sincerely thankful that Dane and Taylor did not sustain any serious injuries.

For the record, I do not agree with the penalty that was assessed and with a clear conscience I can say that I am not guilty of what was said of my actions. I want to ensure my fans, my team, my sponsors, the AMA and my fellow riders that it has always been and will continue to be my goal to race as competitively as possible for the entertainment of everyone while staying within the AMA rules and not endangering anyone else on the track. I look forward to this matter reaching a fair resolution and participating in future AMA Pro Racing events. Thank you to everyone who has believed in me and continued to support me. -- Josh Herrin

ENDS

So, what did the AMA say he did wrong ? As I saw it, it was a RACING incident .

And as far as the tire thing, give me a break, Dunlap made a tire that couldn't go 100 miles :laugh: . Where was the AMA Techs ??? , what; they give the ONLY TIRE MANUF. a pass without going over what if's ? And if there is a question, why not just have them make pit stops with tire changes just like they did with the 1000's before they droped them from the 200 mile class (remember those tires didn't last either so a tire problem isn't a new issue with Dunlop) ? And if some team came with the intension of running ONLY one front tire the entire race, well tough luck. What were they going to tell their sponsors if they had cut the tire on track trash ? Well, I am sorry we didn't expect that, so we were TOTALLY unprepared for a possible problem that could be foreseen !! That's a very weak and poor team management tactic. For me, I would FIRE the crew chief, and if I was a sponsor, I would leave or let them know that IT'S a business, not a weekend fun run at MY expense. Remember these teams need $80,000 to $100,000 a year to compete and a $200 tire is NOTHING. But a DNF because some incompentent manager wanted to try to run with ONLY one tire is NUTS :banghead:

If they'd like to send me a set of those slicks to try out, i'd be glad to take a set off their hands.....

No, Dunlop only supplied one spec tire for the race. Some teams did have more of the same tires mounted in their pits, others were planning on running the entire 200 on one set of tires. The mandated tire change was for a different spec tire all of which were in Dunlop trucks at the time of the stoppage. Dunlop had to remount new tires for all the teams. The teams that were planning on running one set of tires start to finish didn't even have spare rims in the pits. After the last tire was mounted they added 20 for the tire warmers to bring the tires up to temp before the restart.

So, what did the AMA say he did wrong ? As I saw it, it was a RACING incident .

And as far as the tire thing, give me a break, Dunlap made a tire that couldn't go 100 miles :laugh: . Where was the AMA Techs ??? , what; they give the ONLY TIRE MANUF. a pass without going over what if's ? And if there is a question, why not just have them make pit stops with tire changes just like they did with the 1000's before they droped them from the 200 mile class (remember those tires didn't last either so a tire problem isn't a new issue with Dunlop) ? And if some team came with the intension of running ONLY one front tire the entire race, well tough luck. What were they going to tell their sponsors if they had cut the tire on track trash ? Well, I am sorry we didn't expect that, so we were TOTALLY unprepared for a possible problem that could be foreseen !! That's a very weak and poor team management tactic. For me, I would FIRE the crew chief, and if I was a sponsor, I would leave or let them know that IT'S a business, not a weekend fun run at MY expense. Remember these teams need $80,000 to $100,000 a year to compete and a $200 tire is NOTHING. But a DNF because some incompentent manager wanted to try to run with ONLY one tire is NUTS :banghead:

The teams that were running one set of tires were privateers, not running the entire series. They don't have the money or the sponsors. It's more a hobby than a business. It was a weekend fun run for them.

Back