Day 16 of not smoking and.........

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Do these dang cravings every end. Been living on cherry twizzlers and the nicotine lozenges. It has been 16 days today and it sucks, however, I still have a job, I'm still married and they haven't found the bodies of the people that made me mad in the last two weeks.

Still on track to pick up the new bike on 6 May. Ended up sending the helmet back to swap for the next size bigger, it was just too tight. Bike is 4 hours away. I wanted to be there when the dealership opened at 9 to pick it, but no my wife doesn't want to get up that early. I told her I was going to be there and offered the compromise of going over the night before and getting a hotel room. I think that is what we are probably going to do.

Don

Keep it up bro. You will thank yourself. Dont you feel any better? Cant you taste your food?

Thanks for the support and there will be pics of the new bike, probably too many pics of the whole adventure over to Conway and back.

Yes everything tastes too salty now.

Don

Thanks for the support and there will be pics of the new bike, probably too many pics of the whole adventure over to Conway and back.

Yes everything tastes too salty now.

Don

Thats right, when are you coming to get these ramps?

Thats right, when are you coming to get these ramps?

Probably Thursday the 5th on the way out of town if that is ok. If I need to get them at a different time, please let me know. I will do it at your convenience and thanks again.

Don

Probably Thursday the 5th on the way out of town if that is ok. If I need to get them at a different time, please let me know. I will do it at your convenience and thanks again.

Don

No problem, just call me and let me know. :beerchug:

One month is a pretty good mile stone. The worst is over, soon the pangs will be shorter and farther apart. Then there will be a day when you reralise hey! it's been all day and this is the first time I have even thought about a smoke. At the end of a month yuou shouls treat yourself and the busa to a part or mod with some of the cash you saved by quitting.

cold turkey? wow u r a god among men!...not being sarcastic. i mean it. i quit using chantix. i never could do it just quitting. hang in there. yes they do go away. actually the worst is over. the nicotine has been gone 4 days now. the cravings u feel now are not biological but physiological in nature. just make sure u dont do the things that trigger that smoking association cravings. for me it was beer and pizza. stay calm. my friend you have already won. breath deep and try to relax. and if you need to get rid of those bodies let me know. Im a crime scene tech and i can make it happen.. for a price...lol:whistle::whistle: just kidding.....:laugh: or am i???

Talk to GixxerHP...he stopped and maybe he can help motivate you!

i've never smoked a cig before. but i hear it is hard to stop, the most difficult part should be already over! congrats...

Grats on your quit smoking. It's tough to do that's for sure. I am at 26 months of no tobacco. I still want to smoke some times. I will find myself wandering around the kitchen looking for something and realize the craving actually for a cig. I'm just happy my mind has separated that craving from nicotine to an unknown. Hopefully they will go away all together. Doing things like working out or a sport activity releases similar chemicals in the body as smoking. I suggest working out at the gym, it helped me through a lot. Just don't blow your shoulders out like I did then get lazy and chubby.

Good luck man it sucks but it's do able.

Tell your wife you need lots of sex to cure withdrawals.....maybe I should start smoking :bowdown:

stay strong bro. i quit cold turkey in december still have the thaught of one every once in awhile, but i remind myself of how good i feel now,and how food taste alot better and how i want to stay healthy.:muscle: and i have gained 20lbs of muscle

Good job bro, don't give in. I threw my last pack out the window September of 06. Everything tastes better and smells better now. My lil lady still smokes and I never realized how nasty it is until I quit. I lit one of hers for her about a year ago and didn't have enough mouthwash to get that taste outta my mouth.

sent from G2 via tapatalk.

Stay strong man... smoking sucks arse. I remember when my fiance quit.. it was hard for about 20 days or so then just one day it was all over with and she hasn't smoked since.

Back