'NocheBuena' and no Adam sorry that's not your new pet pig

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Well as many of you do we plan on having ham for Christmas Eve dinner. Only thing is since it will a Cuban Chrismas at my house we plan on roasting a pig. Guess it will still classify as Christmas ham? With Mojo :) NocheBuena is traditional for Cubans.
So my father inlaw is going this morning to get the pig. Adam wants to go because he heard him say he was going to get it. Ok no problem I think. I didnt know the little guy was still gonna be alive when they got there and they were gonna choose which one......to eat. So they pick one out and the nice man writes our name on it (Adam thought it was his but doesn't matter) and leads it away. Adams jumping up and down and wants to use his father inlaws phone to call daddy. Calls me up and says daddy Ariel got me a pig for Christmas. I'm like uh ok, a little confused. Then he said 'I picked him out and everything!'
About ten minutes later he calls back 'Dad the pig didn't make it, looks like he's gonna be dinner?!?!'
He didn't see the actual kill or any blood but when they brought the pig out on a grid it still had our name written on it :laugh:
Have to say he's a tough little guy and took it pretty good. Only thing he said lastly was,
'your not going to do that to the puppy you want to buy me are you daddy?'

:rofl:

Hahahahahah!!!!!!! Poor little man!! I'm from the Dominican republic and we the same tradition too!!! If there is no pork on the table I'm not sitting down.!!

Back