Daughters of Mara update

1320Busa

#1 stand up playa,fug with me,RSD will k
Donating Member
Registered
I have had some emails asking how my buddies band is doing so I thought I would post his email minus the dirty stuff
laugh.gif
They signed a record deal a few months back with Virgin records there manager also manages Stonesour and Slipnot. They will be touring in a few month getting ready for there big tour next year with Slipnot when they release there new album.

super.gif

Hey mannnn..... I'm really sorry this has taken soooo long for me to do, but I've been crazy busy with the record. We've spent the last 3 weeks up at THE FARM which is GGGarths home/studio, which is about a 45 minute ferry ride north of Vancouver. We had to first sort through all 27 songs and pick out 15 to record. Most every other day was basically going through songs and making changes here and there. It was a pretty stressful experience at times, but it all worked out really well and GGGarth ( who has recorded Rage Against The Machine, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mudvayne, Alice Cooper,
etc..) had a lot of really nice and encouraging things to say.

www.warehousestudio.com

On Monday we took the ferry down to Vancouver to start tracking my drums at Bryan Adams' studio The Warehouse. I've woked in some realy nice studios before, but this one is at the top of the list. It's pretty cool to have my own drum tech to tune all my drums after each take, and fix things that are brokem, etc.. It's also pretty cool to have 3 runners at my disposal to run errands for me whenever I want! ( I could get used to this!) Our drum engineer is a guy by the name of Josh Wilbur. Even though he's only 29, he's already worked with Pink, Lamb of God, Limp Bizkit, & Steve Earle among others, so he really knows what he's doing. As al of you already know, I'm VERY picky about some things, but ESPECIALLY the way my drums sound, and I am completely FLOORED by the way they are sounding already. I finished one song yesterday, and we're about the start another, so I gotta run. I hope you all are doing well, and I'll try to send out another email soon!

You can also go to our myspace page to watch a video we made the catalog the process thus far:

www.myspace.com/daughtersofmara

Dave

Back