Daily Motivational Thread...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I'm thinkin' I may start doin' this type of thread daily when possible in hopes that it might convince someone else to take the initiative to start on the road to better health. It would be GREAT to know that sharin' the positive changes I'm seein' could actually serve as a form of motivation for someone else who wants or needs the same changes in their life. What do ya'll think?
rock.gif

Well, today was the best cardio day for me since makin' the commitment' to changin'  life. Seein' how it's been a few years since I've done any disciplined and measured intensity cardio I had forgotten how it felt to actually hit a high point on the treadmill. Actually, I'm pretty tight on allowin' myself an actual level 10 intensity "High Point". I'm gonna have to be honest with myself and call todays highest point a strong, STRONG level 9 intensity high point. Almost a 10 but not quite... So close...
drooling3.gif

Even so, since I'm followin' the Body For Life principles and strivin' for "progress, not perfection" I am pumped to get a cardio workout this good!
biggrin.gif
As I've already said, it was my best cardio effort so far. It's the best cardio "high" I've had since I started the program. That, my friends, is PROGRESS, and PROGRESS is GOOD!
biggrin.gif

I can't put into words how much better I feel right now than I did three weeks ago when I slept until 0900 on my off days and then layed around the house until I met Pop for lunch. Words can't describe the difference in the energy I have compared to "back then". I can't believe how bad I had let my health and quality of life get.
drooling3.gif

A wonderful thing happened last night though. The family and I went out to celebrate my birthday and while out in public I actually caught myself feelin' confident and carrying myself with a little inner pride! Trust me, that hasn't happened much for me in the last few years. When you let yourself go physically like I had, every single other aspect of your life slides on a slippery slope toward depression and lack of self confidence. Trust me, I speak from experience! It was GREAT to actually feel that self confidence and pride in myself again after all that time. You honestly don't fully realize how low you've been until you start back up I guess.

I'm tellin' ya folks, if you're thinkin' about needin' to do this just get the Body For Life book and start readin'. The motivation is in there. Also, I ain't no expert on the subject but if there's anything I can do to help you get started I'd be more than happy to do so. Just let me know! I can honestly tell you that it won't just be physical changes that you see start happenin'. If you don't get that, read the paragraph before this one AGAIN!
wink.gif

So, tomorrow is upper body day again. Can't wait to work for that high point. They don't happen every workout but when they do, I can't imagine any drug bein' more satisfyin'!
biggrin.gif

Have a pumped one!
super.gif

BT

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083247775 -->

biggrin.gif

drooling3.gif

biggrin.gif

Great thoughts, BT! Glad to see the motivation is there and that you are enjoying the regimen! The results will come and probably in ways that you would not expect.

Continue the commitment!

The results will come and probably in ways that you would not expect.  
You replied while I was editing my thread, BigBS. See the paragraph that starts with "A wonderful thing..." to see just how right you are in the above quoted statement!
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the kind words and constant encouragement, bro.
super.gif

Sounds good BT I'm going to get my Body for Life Info today and get started either this weekend or first of next week. Cont with the motivation, great idea!

I want a donut!
tounge.gif

Kidding...kidding...I've been trying to eat better since BT's motivational BS started showing up on the board...
laugh.gif

I can't give up my Pepsi in the morning...but I've been drinking water, eating smaller meals throughout the day, eating the right things...after just a few days I feel better already...

Working out? What in the hell is that?! I've got two little fellas at home that keep me going the second I get home, so that's going to have to do it for me for now...

Keep up the good work BT!!!
biggrin.gif

Hey Bt, is Bill Phillips still giving away a Lamborghini Diablo to the winner of his contest? Hmmm, now I see Lambo.........MOTIVATION!!!! J/K. Good luck dude. Keep the intensity up.

Good one BT, love the idea of motivation for the day. Keep it up. You got me all pumped on reading the book, just picked it up today. Like I said before, hopefully it will help with the beer gut..

thanks again, and keep up the good work. Soon you'll be running for governor of California as the next buff gov..

Cant wait for my lunch time work out....today is Shoulders and Biceps..
biggrin.gif

I want a donut!  
tounge.gif

Kidding...kidding...I've been trying to eat better since BT's motivational BS started showing up on the board...
laugh.gif

I can't give up my Pepsi in the morning...but I've been drinking water, eating smaller meals throughout the day, eating the right things...after just a few days I feel better already...

Working out?  What in the hell is that?!  I've got two little fellas at home that keep me going the second I get home, so that's going to have to do it for me for now...

Keep up the good work BT!!!  
biggrin.gif
Hey, I think any effort is better than no effort.
wink.gif
I'm gonna get you on the BFL program though. May take a while, but you'll cave.
beerchug.gif

Hey Bt, is Bill Phillips still giving away a Lamborghini Diablo to the winner of his contest? Hmmm, now I see Lambo.........MOTIVATION!!!! J/K. Good luck dude. Keep the intensity up.
I'm not sure what he's usin' as motivation these days. The Lambo went to someone from the original "challenge". I'm not doin' the official challenge. I'm not feedin' off of that type motivation, I'm feedin' off of my own personal motivation. Now if he were to give away a new busa... !!!
super.gif

Good one BT, love the idea of motivation for the day. Keep it up. You got me all pumped on reading the book, just picked it up today. Like I said before, hopefully it will help with the beer gut..

thanks again, and keep up the good work. Soon you'll be running for governor of California as the next buff gov..
Like I told Dawg, if there's anything I can help ya with just let me know!
beerchug.gif

Nah, not runnin' for Cali gov. Maybe Georgia!
wink.gif

Hey mikey, if BT aint a good motivator, ill just send a cattle prod to your wife...that will get you moving...
laugh.gif

Back