How to motivate one self?

I lost 72 lbs on a recumbent bike at Golds Gym. That's all I did; read magazines and peddled my ass small again.
Don't go ape schnit, that's how you burn out. Start slow and small, stretching on the mats, getting that flexibility back again, a little
15-20 minute cardio, walking fast or biking, a few push-ups and pull-ups, then leave.
I did it every day for 4 months. 72 lbs man...piece of cake.

There is a book called something like 10 habits of successful people. In it it talks about how alot of successful people used to put notes up. Like Ford would put one up saying Design a V8. It sounds cheesy but it works. I put some up to go to the gym. If anything it guilts you into it.

There is a book called something like 10 habits of successful people. In it it talks about how alot of successful people used to put notes up. Like Ford would put one up saying Design a V8. It sounds cheesy but it works. I put some up to go to the gym. If anything it guilts you into it.
I agree. Like daily affirmations. It does help.

There is a book called something like 10 habits of successful people.  In it it talks about how alot of successful people used to put notes up. Like Ford would put one up saying Design a V8. It sounds cheesy but it works.  I put some up to go to the gym. If anything it guilts you into it.
I agree.  Like daily affirmations.  It does help.
"I am Man Enough, I am Good Enough, and DOG GONNIT-PEOPLE LIKE ME"
laugh.gif

boxing.gif

It is said that in order to truly develop a routine, you must dedicate yourself to it for 30 days. So, go to the gym 3-4 days a week for 4-5 weeks. When you are getting started, just do the stuff you think is easy, the stuff that is fun. I would suggest that you do a circuit training routine everyday you go so that you don't get bored doing tons of sets of the same muscle group. This way you are moving around all of the time and too busy to think about anything but the workout. One set flat bench, one set low row, one set curls, one set lat pull downs, one set shrugs, one set upright rows. Repeat this circuit three of four times per visit to the gym and do maybe 5-10 minutes on the bike to get warmed up, swell your legs and tune-up your knee. If they have a boxing room, take a shot at the speedbag. Before you know it you will be making it sing for half an hour and believe me, that is a workout in itself.

Maybe what you need is an unconventional workout, try a boxing gym instead. Find some would to chop and split for an hour or so every other day. Heck, give a spinning class a try, you may become addicted to all of the scenery...

There is a book called something like 10 habits of successful people.  In it it talks about how alot of successful people used to put notes up. Like Ford would put one up saying Design a V8. It sounds cheesy but it works.  I put some up to go to the gym. If anything it guilts you into it.
I agree.  Like daily affirmations.  It does help.
"I am Man Enough, I am Good Enough, and DOG GONNIT-PEOPLE LIKE ME"  
laugh.gif

boxing.gif
LMAO..havent thought of that in forever.

Ok, I'm motivated.

Next week I'm going to the gym on my normal schedule (4 out of 5 days). I've been away the last 4 weeks cause of work commitments and travel. Time to get back into the swing.

Thanks gentlemen,
PandaNin

Back