Da Bugs motor then..... 3 yrs ago

I didn't think of a rod bearing either, I know how the bug rides and not uncommon to see that kind of failure just not usual in a bike that does not get wheelied very much. Not saying Bug doesn't wheelie but I have seen several people with brand new bikes and spun rod bearings because of oil starvation when doing high RPM wheelies.

beerchug.gif

Shout out to JAY over at APE, My bike and motor are still running strong thanks to the efforts of your company! Also, like to shout out to JC you sir are the man! Folks if you ever wondered about the reliability of a bigbore motor for everyday use wonder no more!
It will be three years this June and she's still running strong!

That's scary - especially since I have almost the exact same motor (13:1 1397 with cams and headwork).  How many miles did you have on it since it was built?

Either way - good luck with the rebuild - keep us posted.

Edit:  ummm ... nevermind.  Didn't realize this was as old as posts get.  It's early.

coffee.gif

coffee.gif

coffee.gif

When I first read the post I thought you had just blown up your big bore and I was starting to panic since I just had the same motor built. Now I see you in fact have had really good luck with it so now I'm happy.
ThumbsUp.gif

coffee.gif

coffee.gif

Would this type of thing be repaired under warranty if the bike was still covered?  I bought the extended warranty with my bike and I think I would push pretty darn hard to get it covered if it went boom.  Even if I was riding the ^&*$# out of it at the time.

-Chris
shutup.gif
winkold.gif
whistling.gif
deadhorse.gif

Bad news at the start of the season.  

RSD does have a point.  You will spend way less on a "used" motor and will be back on the road after an afternoon of work.  

Although, it would be nice to be able to claim >200 hp.  But seriously how much did you truly "use" the 160hp that you had before.  Once or twice a week for a few seconds at a time, maybe?  Why spend $5-10K and months of downtime for something that you might never get full benefit from anyways?  

Either way the point is to get back in the saddle again.  Hope it is soon.  Good luck, Chris
thumb_up.gif
winkold.gif
thumb_up.gif
whistling.gif

thumb_up.gif

Yep, this is a old thread... Wanted everyone to see the time/date my motor let loose and how long she's been running strong with the new Bigbore!

Yeah Dude, I forget to look at the date as well, sounded to me as though your Big Bore Went BOOM!!!!

Back