D&D Slip-ons

OB_Busa Dave

Registered
Anyone who is considering slip-ons I only put them on last night and rode into work this morning (68 miles round trip) they are outstanding. The fit and finish are impeccable and the sound is in a word awesome! The stock exhaust is very efficient according to Lewis and David at D&D the slip-ons pick up 2 to 3 horses and even though I did not weigh them the polished aluminum is much lighter I would guess about 35% to 40% and makes the stock mufflers look pretty sad.

Keep the Shiny Side Up,

David

I was considering slip ons, but wanted to know if you had to fine tune or add anything to make the slip ons run smother? If I can do this without remapping or the bike missing, I will make that move. I can't stand how quiet my busa runs but willing to leave it stock if I have to.

Any pointers and how much did you pay for your D&D's.

soja1

That's what I'm running. Beautiful aren't they? I'm also using a PC2 with the number 2 map for slip-ons. Just added a BMC filter last night. Hope to check it out on the road this weekend.

let us know how the bmc works out.
waiting for my two bros titanium oval slip ons any day now. is the #2 map universal for slip ons?

David the owner of D&D asked if he would provide the K&N and I think this is right "power commander" to remap the computer if I would let them use the bike for dyno work? Am thinking about it, as I do not know how hard this is on the bike with respect to long-term durability. After discussing this in great detail e.g. changing oil after the runs etc including getting the perfect dial in for my bike Dave has me leaning toward letting them do it. Have had his systems on 4 of my bikes over the years and they have always been first rate. The slip-ons were about 500.00 with tax. Any thoughts on the dyno testing?

Dave

i don't know if i would let him use my bike for a test case.anything could happen,and yes it is hard wear and tear on the bike.all i'm saying is if anyone is going to beat the sh#t out of my bike its going to be me,and i'll have some fun doing it.this also would depend on how many runs he is talking about.thats my 2 cents.

The 02 map is the only generic map for slip-ons available. I would prefer a custom map for our brand of pipes with BMC for my setup. The 02 has worked well anyway. I'll have to wait till Sunday to see how the 02 performs with the BMC. Rain due tonight and tomorrow for N Texas, S OK, Ark etc

Back