D & D slip-ons

gaw

Registered
I found a pair of new (in the box) Polished Aluminum D & D slip-ons for $380 from Thompsons Distributing in Texas. Retail is about $490.
They are not my first choice, but I am not sure as of yet what after market system I want to spend my money on, so I figured I would put a pair of slip-ons on for now and re-sale them later. Am looking to go to a full after market system next year sometime.

My question?   Does any one have these Slip-ons on their bike or is anyone familiar with them.
I have the black/silver bike so I know they would like good.
Any feed back on these would be very helpful.
Sound?
Quality of product?
Any Problems?

Thanks in advance

Ride safe
eyes.gif

Postal has them on his '02 LE. I think he paid less than that from Parts411.com though. They look pretty good and sound pretty good too.

Postal has them on his '02 LE. I think he paid less than that from Parts411.com though. They look pretty good and sound pretty good too.
EAK,

Thanks for the pictures and info. I did check parts411.com they want $413.55 for the slip-ons.
I am thinking that the $380 is a pretty good price.

don't get the slip-ons - but rather, go with the D&D full system. The sound is much fuller, a bit louder, more HP, and the muffler tips are angled towards the rear tire rather than being parallel with the slip-ons. Looks great (like Aprilla).

Roughly the same price and a fun easy project. Plus, you will be able to remove the PAIR valve too!

D_D.jpg

Where can you find a good price on the 4 2 1 D7D system? Im looking to ask for it for christmas. And exactly which ones do you reccomend?
thanks
martin

JC,

As of right now I am just looking for slip-ons, good looking, good sound, and not too expensive, that is what I liked about the d & d, $380.00 out the door. I would not go D & D for a full system.
Want to eventually change to a full aftermarket set-up, but WANT to keep the dual exhaust set-up.

Would like more HP, but do not need top end HP.

An idea!
Can you get me slip-ons for around that price, I would gladly purchase from you. Thanks

ride safe
eyes.gif

Damn Dual D&D, Excuse my ignorance. I have one D&D on my ZR7s it's loud as hell. Whats it going to be like in Stereo
biggrin.gif

FYI D&D are stock without any baffle. Can add them as option. It's a straight through pipe and relies on acustics to quiet it down. Under a load the heck with acustics it's straight out the pipe and setting off car alarms
biggrin.gif

Because it a clear passage preformance is also good.

biggrin.gif

Bronto,

I am in Danville, right next door. Do you have a Busa or the ZR7?
Thanks for the info on the D & D's, I have heard that they are loud.

Ride safe
eyes.gif

JC,

As of right now I am just looking for slip-ons, good looking, good sound, and not too expensive, that is what I liked about the d & d, $380.00 out the door. I would not go D & D for a full system.
Want to eventually change to a full aftermarket set-up, but WANT to keep the dual exhaust set-up.

Would like more HP, but do not need top end HP.

An idea!
Can you get me slip-ons for around that price, I would gladly purchase from you.   Thanks

ride safe
eyes.gif
save the $$$ and get a full system the HMF is nice 4/2

Heh I thought no one would know where Alamo is. Let along there'll be someone next door
biggrin.gif

Presently the Hayabusa is a project bike, don't expect to have it anywhere in running condition for few months. ZR7s is up and running. Favorite thing is going through Caldecott tunnel and on low deck of Bay Bridge. The D&D really sings. Once in Broadway Tunnel in SF did a 1st and 2nd gear run upto 9000 rpm. Had to stop at signal light on other side. Cab driver was waving his fist
biggrin.gif
It's ear shattering loud when you push it.
Hayabusa is twice the displacement and higher compression then ZR7 it's gotta roar with a D&D. Although be nice and quiet during idle and crusing along.
D&D are well made(USA) pipes and good price.
See in the Forums's Classified Two Brother Stainless Steel system for $400. Choice between Aluminum and Stainless steel. Stainless Steel cleans up with far less care taken not to scratch it. Two Brothers is in top ten with D&D in being loudest aftermarket pipes. They are of similar design no baffles just using acustics. Two Brothers bit of a Brand name pay extra for it.
Want to meet somewhere local, can do a ride. Can hear what it sounds like on the ZR7. Curious why no one tailgates the bike
biggrin.gif
The tone of the sound will no doubt be different. Heard others compare it to a VW bug on steroids, to Indianoplis Race cars. Discussion on D&D pipes. Hayabusa rider said his wife that road with him asked to change them
biggrin.gif

Know first hand followed a YZF600 with D&D It's painful. Others calling it the most obnoxious sport bike they ever heard. The Rider likes it that way, it's kewl.
Ridin on Group rides with several other bikes. Just plugging along around 70 mph. Was behind riding sweep(back) posisiton. Flock of black birds in the field adjcent to the road. The others pass, no prob. Then my turn to pass they all take flight, having to worry one of them going to fly into me. Happens allot, does work to a benefit, Deer get the heck out of the way. No waiting around looking whats coming. Don't dare bolt out on the road, seen them do double takes and turn back.
It's not as loud as Harleys until you open it up. It might get attention from LEO. Need to tone it down when their near. There's allot of D&D jokes. Over exaggerating, most refer to D&D as the loudest of all. Two Brothers are as loud but they don't have same rap. Going D&D, Two Brothers or Jardine it's not price as much as sound. Still your choice to go loud or not.

<!--EDIT|Bronto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071045507 -->

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

If you don't want slip ons why go with dumb and dumb thier system suxs for the price
laugh.gif
This cheese-ball clearly has no experience with D&D. First of all, D&D pipes and mufflers are 100% hand made one at a time. They are flawless if you look at them closely (check out my muffler pic above). Secondly, the fact that they are all hand made allows them to customize them for you however you like - try to request that from any other manufacturer. Third, their customer service is 2nd to none. Ask for Johnny - he dropped my custom mufflers off at my sister's house in Dallas personally 2 days after I spoke to him on the phone.

Most importantly, the pipes fit perfect, no plastic issues, and no exhaust leaks. This is one tight, well-made system for sure! The pipe fitting tolerances are very close - no leaks - and I did not use any sealant.

And that D&D sound - OH MAN! - don't even get me started.

post_6_02271_D_D.jpg

EAK,

Thanks for the pictures and info. I did check parts411.com they want $413.55 for the slip-ons.
I am thinking that the $380 is a pretty good price.
They have gone up a little. I paid $405.00 from Parts411.com about a year ago.

Postal.  
cool.gif

If you don't want slip ons why go with dumb and dumb thier system suxs for the price
laugh.gif
This cheese-ball clearly has no experience with D&D. First of all, D&D pipes and mufflers are 100% hand made one at a time. They are flawless if you look at them closely (check out my muffler pic above). Secondly, the fact that they are all hand made allows them to customize them for you however you like - try to request that from any other manufacturer. Third, their customer service is 2nd to none. Ask for Johnny - he dropped my custom mufflers off at my sister's house in Dallas personally 2 days after I spoke to him on the phone.

Most importantly, the pipes fit perfect, no plastic issues, and no exhaust leaks. This is one tight, well-made system for sure! The pipe fitting tolerances are very close - no leaks - and I did not use any sealant.

And that D&D sound - OH MAN! - don't even get me started.
more than you will ever have.
they have gotten better over the 80-90's when they slapped a coffee can on the end and called it a muffler.but for the price they are not worth it.
and to clue you in there are several pipes hand made and yes they will customize for you so get your nose out of D&D rear
baaa.gif

Back