D&D carbon dual can full exhaust

flitemedic13

Registered
im now in the market for a D&D carbon fiber twin exhaust full system....i guess not many manufactures make dual can full exhaust for the busa and i want to keep the dual can look...i think d&d and hindle?  maybe others....anyway  where can i get the full system or another dual system cheap...found one on cycledepot.net for $693.69...just getting a poll on if thats a good deal or not?  im game for a used system at the right price as well, and im sure i could be talked into a polished set instead of carbon......thanks

<!--EDIT|flitemedic13
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086593141 -->

Good dual exhaust here...

25_May_04_003.jpg

Dude, just thinking about the D&D's makes my head hurt. Your riding buddies will hate you for it.....just go Yosh if your going with slip-ons, RS3 race only.... way better sounding and since none of the duals make any more power, why not get the best sounding?

hmm..whats the Db level d&d's are at? ive heard they are loud but i didnt think they were that loud...are we talking harley rumbling loud? or just when u get on the throttle? i was also thinkin about HMF...i really just wanted to keep the dual can look...dont really care what brand, but im tryin not to spend out the ying yang either...if i had a choice id get arka's or micron carbon slip ons...they do sound good, problem is i want more horses out of the exhaust, especially if im spending $500-700 for slip ons i might as well spend an extra 100-200 for the complete system and get the big horespower boost i wouldnt get with just slip-ons alone (ive heard max 5 hp gain)...it'd be sweet if i could mix and match brands...like get a cheap dual 4:2 aftermarket exhaust serpentine system from one company and put on microns or akra's for the look and sound..has anyone done that or have i gone off the deep end with that comment?
rock.gif
??...those 2 companys just dont make the 4:2 system like i wish they would....its a huge headache it seems...never really know if your getting the right thing no matter what you choose....also, who here saw the biggest HP boost with thier aftermarket system? (assuming aftermarket air filter and PC's)

They are raspy and sharp.... cool at first but after a few hours in the saddle, anyone behind you will say it's like finger nails on a chalk board, just my opinion. Rode with a guy that had D&D on a 750 GSXR.... may sound different on a busa. You should just go ahead and get the BDE GEN3 street smart system, great sound, great power, great quality. I also like the dual look but unfortunately, a full sys is the best bang for the buck. As if we really need any more power....

Bolt on D&D's aren't all that loud on the Busa. The full system is, however. If you're going bolt on and want to actually be able to hear the cans, I would suggest the D&D as a lot of others are quiet. While cruising at speed, you can almost not even tell they are there.

D&D are just plain annoying to me, they are very sharp, like ear piecing loud. And they are loud all of the time. They do not have that deep, throaty sound that the HMFs have. I have heard both. I think the HMFs are just as loud when you crack the throttle, just more well mannered at lower RPMs. I had a set of D&Ds, the rivets started to rust waay too soon, and I had to polish that "show N go" aluminum all the time to keep it shiny. IMO, they are crappy pipes... And I won't even bring up the HP you gain with D&D vs the HMF, because there is no contest.

Just my opinion here, my .02, take it or leave it.... But I have owned both brands, and these are my experiences.

I would also try this place for a good price www.parts411.com. Personally, I'm loving my new full Micron exhaust. I love the dual exhaust look also, but I had to sacrifice the look for max hp gains. I have a riding buddy who has the D&D bolt-ons and they are not that bad. They are deep and throaty, but not loud enough to consider it annoying by any means. I used to have the Yoshimura RS3 race bolt-ons and they sounded good. They had a mellow growl at idle and became a little more raspy once you give it some throttle. BTW, I still have a the Yoshi's already boxed up and ready to ship for $450 and I will cover the shipping. They have less than 500 miles on them and are in pristine condition. The only flaw is a couple of small dents on the underside of the right can. Not noticeable at all. One other note: If you want max hp gains, you will need to go with a full 4 into 1 exhaust. If you're just looking for sound, then there are a few bolt-ons out there that will accommodate you. But to truly get the best of both worlds, you would want to go 4 into 1. Even though I love the dual look, I regret not going with a full exhaust in the first place. I now have the Micron 4 into 1 exhaust with the chrome over stainless canister. Believe me when I say that the extra hp gains are definitely noticeable. I'm definitely loving it. Just my .02, but it can sometime be worth a million bucks.

Brian

D&D are just plain annoying to me, they are very sharp, like ear piecing loud. And they are loud all of the time. They do not have that deep, throaty sound that the HMFs have. I have heard both. I think the HMFs are just as loud when you crack the throttle, just more well mannered at lower RPMs. I had a set of D&Ds, the rivets started to rust waay too soon, and I had to polish that "show N go" aluminum all the time to keep it shiny. IMO, they are crappy pipes... And I won't even bring up the HP you gain with D&D vs the HMF, because there is no contest.

Just my opinion here, my .02, take it or leave it.... But I have owned both brands, and these are my experiences.
D&D bolt on are not sharp at all.
Quit when idling, and throaty when WOT.

I'll try to record it this weekend

I agree... I've heard D&D's on a few other bikes and they are WAY loud. However the bolt ons on the Busa are always quiet... due to IIRC a built in silencer in the head pipes.

When I bought a bolt on for my liter bike, I went for a Scorpion instead.

what kind of HP boost did you guys see on dyno with full systems or bolt ons?  how much wieght did u offload by going to a diffrent system?....just wondering if one manufacturer is consitantly higher HP gain no matter what mods you have....im sure the usual gain is 10HP from what ive read...any way to get up to the 15 range or even 20 ? assuming air filter aftermarket, PAIR, air box mod and PCIIIr ??
if i go with a full system 4:1 im thinkin akra or micron...maybe arata they look kinda cool too...dont know anything about em though

<!--EDIT|flitemedic13
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086715792 -->

With bolt ons, you're not looking at much HP... you'll lose some weight and gain some sound. If you're going full system, you're gonna want to get a PCIII and remap (and not just a preprogrammed map -- you want to dyno tune and get a custom map for the most HP). Even with that, I'm kind of thinking that you're not going to see 20 HP.

Keep in mind that 4
cool.gif
1 is going to save more weight than having two cans.

right...i have a PCIIIr, BMC race, air box mod,PAIR removal and block off and TRE, just was wondering which system would give me the most HP with all these mods...i dont have any but the TRE installed yet..i wanted to do everything at once...just wondering what HP gain could be expected or what manufacturer tends to have the most gain

<!--EDIT|flitemedic13
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086721417 -->

im now in the market for a D&D carbon fiber twin exhaust full system....i guess not many manufactures make dual can full exhaust for the busa and i want to keep the dual can look...i think d&d and hindle? maybe others....anyway where can i get the full system or another dual system cheap...found one on cycledepot.net for $693.69...just getting a poll on if thats a good deal or not? im game for a used system at the right price as well, and im sure i could be talked into a polished set instead of carbon......thanks

<!--EDIT|flitemedic13
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086593141 -->
HI IVE GOT EXACTLY WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR AND THEY ARE MINT ARE YOU STILL LOOKING ?

Back