Cycle world's article on new BMW Superbike

Hey!!! Any of you guys heard of a bike by Suzuki...comes in two flavors...
GSF600 & GSF750?? Maybe you have heard of it by its model name...Katana??
Same basic bike that Suzuki came out with 15 years ago.
Same with the GS500F. Suzuki is just going to keep making the
Hayabusa until the bike stops selling. You can count on no more
than BNG until the bike is atleast 10 years old. Then it may...
repeat may get a face lift.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "956"|1086910546 -->

It would be nice to see an an upgrade. I'm curious to see if any changes will come in '05. It would be nice to set back everyone for another 5 years:D

So how exactly did they say the BMW would beat the Busa.....1/4 mile, 0 - 60, top speed or MSRP?

It is funny how there are so many busa killers.
I agree 100%
My 01 Yamaha YZ 250 will take triples and way better than my 02 busa.
My friends Goldwing kills the busa on long trips as far as comfort is concerned.

I really hope that all these mags that print this stuff will put a front page of how BMW is full of sh1t when they do a head to head test (providing they have the hotnuts....doubtful).

Oh no...not another Busa killer.......you know, to be frank......I'm gonna be happy when someone does come out with an actual no bs Busa killer
They did, it's called the ZX10
smile.gif

Butt ugly front end. The engine is tipped so far forward it almost looks horizontal. Then there's that thing about the shaft drive. A first year physics student knows the ideal mechanical advantage of a chain drive over a shaft. Shaft looses horsepower. Besides it's a BMW.
      At the end of the day thou they didn't call it a ZX/10 beater or an R/1 beater or even a ZX/12 beater. They know who the top dog is and so do we. The winner and still Champion "HAYABUSA"

cool.gif

Look on the back of the 2nd to last page in that mag, not the back of the cover. It says HARDNUMBERS, guess what they are right. Guess what the baddest bike on there was.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

5 Yrs later and everyone is still chasing the KING(BUSA)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|jetset
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086970648 -->

biggrin.gif

Oh no...not another Busa killer.......you know, to be frank......I'm gonna be happy when someone does come out with an actual no bs Busa killer
They did, it's called the ZX10
smile.gif
the zx10 is actually slower than the busa but with the way bikes r these days being 10ths of a second apart it just depends on whose driving
ZX10 is slower then the busa? Are was talking the ¼ mile, top speed or on the track? Because I’m petty sure the zx10 would smoke a busa on the track.

I also saw a video (I’ll post a link when the site is back up, it was on sportbikes.net) of a stock zx10 doing ¼ miles in 9 ½ seconds with only front straped down and –1 rear sprocket if I remember correctly. What will a stock busa do the ¼ mile in with comparable mods? In fact I thought a stock GSXR1000 would also beat the stock busa in the ¼ because of its lighter weight.

The Bimmer has 157 hp, 91 lb/ft of torque and weighs over 500 lbs
The Busa has 160 hp, 100 lb/ft of torque and weighs 472 lbs

Those numbers don't sound like a Busa beater to me ...
rock.gif

...ZX10 is slower then the busa? Are was talking the ¼ mile, top speed or on the track? Because I’m petty sure the zx10 would smoke a busa on the track...

...What will a stock busa do the ¼ mile in with comparable mods? In fact I thought a stock GSXR1000 would also beat the stock busa in the ¼ because of its lighter weight.
A ZX-10 will be the better bike on a road course, but not the drag strip -- the "Zixxer" was designed for superbike-type tracks. Stock-to-stock, the 'Busa will still win the 1/4 against any other production ride out there...

...and still be comfortable enough to do 999.75 more miles that day.

None of the superbikes in stock configuration can keep their front wheels down well enough, and none have the hp or the torque to step up (real-life ZX-10's dyno in the 140's). Five years and countin'

I did read the article and I thought the bike looked great.  I am not sure whether it would beat the busa but I thought it was a great concept.

When I was in Orlando one of the shops there had a ZX-10 which they claimed held the fastest stock bike top speed record.
Sounds like Orlando Yamaha Kawasaki on E. Colonial Ave on the east side of Orlando.. those bastages wanted to charge my friend $3700+ for a Ninja 250 out the door - NOT including tag & title. Phony $399 shipping and $99 assembly charges.. when the dealer showed him the dealer invoice he asked why it said $100 shipping and $50 assembly after the $2700 wholesale price. The salesman tried to lie his way out of that saying that isn't the true cost of shipping and assembly.. RIIIIGHT. At MSRP the store makes $150 on the sale, but they wanted another $500 above that for B.S. So yeah, they got caught in a lie with their shipping and assembly charges.. just as they're caught in a lie with their "ZX10 fastest stock street bike" crap.
smile.gif

We both left laughing our asses off..

si.

I think my 1970 honda CB750 looks better then the BMW. Prolly sounds cooler too (no packing in mufflers and 8,000 rpm redline):)

The BMW took the front fender of a Busa and chopped it and made it their own. Gay!
Shaft drive means less power to rear wheel(like the Vmax).
No it won't come close to the top speed of a Busa.
Yes, Cycle World is trying to sell magazines by the cover.
Yes, BMW does have the technology to build a Busa killer if they wanted to, will they? not anytime soon. If Honda or BMW used some of their F1 technology you would see some really extreme Bikes.
Just my 2cents worth.
cool.gif

Back