Cycle world's article on new BMW Superbike

dnolder

Donating Member
Registered
Got new cycle world today about new superbike, supposedly going to be faster than Busa. No way with shaft drive!! Ad in mag says it'll be 168 hp, yeah right and the R1 is 180 hp!!

Does it have the standard horizontal cylinders (which are butt-ugly)? Is this going to be a true production bike?

I haven't seen the article, so I guess I'll have to go by the mag.

if it is going to beat the Busa, I am surprised they didn't put it in the hyperbike category and not the superbike category...

I find it hard to beleive that at 168HP it is going to beat the Busa. It would have to be super aeordynamic... Did it look aeordynamic by Busa standards?

The bike will probably make less hp than noted in the article and seems to be about as areodynamic as a brick! It's funny, it seems that all the manufacturers are claiming to build "Busa Killers" and always fall way short. I know they're will be many that get caught in the hype and dish out their 20k to get spanked by the next stock Busa that rolls up.

Let me put $17000 into my busa and see how many bikes even think twice.. In short, waste of money!!

Not gonna find anything that'll beat the 'busa for the same price.

And hey...is that a Chow Chow up there^^^ I have one too, couldn't ask for a better dog!
smile.gif

Cycle World still needs to sell magazines off the newsstands.

Posting a provocative cover line usually does it.

Let's see, BMW is taking aim at a 5 year old motorcycle. Funky front end, weird brakes, super premium price.

No thanks, I think I'll pass on this "deal"

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: "can't spell"|1085790127 -->

Anyone want to make a little wager on weather the BMW will win? I take the Busa.....and your money
wink.gif

That BMW looks like one cool bike. I"m hoping the shaft drive and front suspension catch on so maybe we can get a more affordable Jap version in the future! Drive shaft and hydrualic adjust valves would make a superbike about perfect--no maintenance
cool.gif

Oh no...not another Busa killer.......you know, to be frank......I'm gonna be happy when someone does come out with an actual no bs Busa killer, just cuz I'm tired of hearing this stuff......seems everyone's bringin out a Busa killer this year.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

They really need to bring out the Hayabusa II.

200hp and 120 ft lbs torque (stock)
idea3.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

They could call it Hayabusa II " the shut the f%& up hyperbike"
beerchug.gif

I did read the article and I thought the bike looked great. I am not sure whether it would beat the busa but I thought it was a great concept.

When I was in Orlando one of the shops there had a ZX-10 which they claimed held the fastest stock bike top speed record.

come hell or hayabusa! see you in hell. 157hp 91 ft lbs torque claimed and 561 lbs and no where near the areo as the busa. nice bike but its funny that the busa hasnt changed in 5 years and it took bmw 5 years to build something that still isnt as fast! now suzuki will soon upgrade and set everyone back another 5 years! suzuki has got the big hp big bikes figured out and looking at the facts, why would you buy a bike that took 5 years to make and still isnt the best?it may not even be in the top 3 and for close to 20k i dont think so
soapbox.gif

I saw the mag but didn't buy it.
They call it the "BUSA BEATER"
It's a nice looking bike. But i don't think that they are there yet.
Good try though.
I have to race on to believe it. Until I race one!
See ya beemer....look even nice in my mirrors

Back