Cycle World's 0-to-180mph article..

URBAN COWBOY

Registered
You guys check this article out yet. I bought the mag last night and it's a pretty good read. I thought the '08 Busa would have been the quickest from 100-180mph but the '08 ZX10 and MV Augusta 1078RR edged it out. The Busa did win the sprint to 60mph, sprint to 100mph and the horsepower and torque dyno runs though.

URBAN COWBOY

Check thread started a couple of days ago.
My bad, I tried to do a search and couldn't find anything.
sadnews.gif

Great read .. The 08 zx10 took the win 0 to 180, 100 to 150 , 100 to 180...The busa beat the zx10 to the 1/4 mile with 9.90 @ 147 to the zx10 10.01 @ 150 .. From that point on it was all zx10 leaving the other bikes behind .

yes.. and after the speeding the zx 10 needs $500 maintance

Kawa are fast. but not reliable.

To me the best was the 2001 black.. after this model, the others are like ugly ducks

hayabusa1.org.jpg

At the end of the article, they pick the Zook 1000 as the best all around, and that didn't surprise me. The Suzuki litres are really great bikes, but for the larger sizes
smile.gif
, the Busa wins hands down
beerchug.gif

The ZX10s are the size of a 600. The 'Busa is the size of, well....a 1340cc cruise missile.
ZX10s are REALLY flighty, twitchy and punishing to ride. The 'Busa is rock solid and predictable.

I won't be trading my K8 for anything!

It doesn't hurt the ZX10 to have such a weight advantage either. Very fast bike no matter what.

I'll stick with the Busa over a Ninja. After owning a ZX11 and the ZX12 I can honestly say there is a better quality with a Suzuki, not to mention the Busa looks a hell of a lot better in the fit and finish department.
I guess I'm a shallow person, I'd rather have Carmen Elektra with a bad personality as opposed to Rosie Odonell with a fun personality
thumb_up.gif

Hi guys

The kawa have two major problems
1) high temperatures
2) ridiculous quality of plastics and other electrical cords.

In addition, they change the models every 2-3 years

anybody remember the zzr1200? to me, it was a better bike than the zx14 and more nice.

do you remeber the first zx 10?...years ago.

You have to fill in oils and if you complain to the kawa people they say that these issues are regular because the engine is racing!!
with my haya i ve never had this issues.

but, there is something nice with the kawa.. they do not have the ridiculous abc mode..i feel shame for this.

They discarded the consumption from the haya to add this silly fancy thing.

i want less power? i do not buy the haya....the zzr600 is very nice and affordable

hayabusa1.org.jpg

I still tell every body it's the fastest production bike in the world and nobody ever questions it. The Busa reputation is well known and speaks for it's self.

I read some of it while I was getting my bike serviced. I only believe half of what I read anymore. You 4 articles in 4 different magazines on the same bike and their opinions are total opposite.

Back