Cycle World discussion on Hayabusa

IMG_4099.png

Nice chat.

I have always said the Busa does one thing best, and it is not the best at anything else, although it does everything else well.

1.) For the drag strip or the one mile, with after market parts available, the Busa is king.

2.) It’s not a track bike, and not the best on the track, but it will do well on the track.

3,) It not a touring bike, not the best to tour with, but comfortable enough to tour well.

4.) It’s a little heavy for a street bike, but close to the best street bikes out there, although not the very best.

Hard to find anything else, that does everything well.

When I had my 2002 Blackbird back around 2005 the only thing I was apprehensive about playing with was the first gen Busa. ZX11, current year Lambos, Porsches, anything. It was tuned with a PC3 and had a full Yosh exhaust but even against a stock Gen1 it was a fight. My Gen3 is my first Busa and I get it now lol. I find it funny how all the keyboard warriors talk about oh the BMW R1M ZX10 blah blah will smoke a Busa. Uh huh but lets sit at 160mph for 5min and see who's pissing them selves and who's just cruising along. The way it makes power is so, idk refined. It's how I've heard a Bentley or Bugatti described. It's a nuclear constant shove. It's not manic or frantic. But that's the third not the first gen. That thing was a monster.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcs
Very good podcast for sure, Back in the day I bought a gs1150ES (first one in AZ) ride it as my day to day transportation. Yosh full system and carb rejet. I loved that thing, it did everything (for the time) well the gen 3 is like that now. I also still have my BMW k1200s, another "just does it all" bike

I agree my Hayabusa fits me and is comfortable with saddleman seat, lowered 2" in the back, and hyperpro progressive springs front/back.

I have a 95 Honda VFR modded out the same way sub a corbin seat and its amazing too as a do it all bike.

Hayabusa I have wanted since they came out.

Back