"CYCLE GEAR"......rox!

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Just got back from cycle gear (and visiting my parents on the way back) and?...$199 for both front and rear Dunlop Qualifiers...and i noticed their normal price is...

190/50/17 Rear: $167.99
120/70/17 Front: $114.99

I had the rear mounted and balanced for an additional $20...and saving the front for next go round as it appears that the quali's get (2) rears for every (1) front tire.

i can't believe i've never been to a cycle gear joint before...man...what a place it is...and the faint of heart should leave their CC's at home!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

The cyclegear shop here said they were planning on being busy for the sale, so no techs doing tires. Everyone sales only. They have my number but didn't call me back today, so I guess tires tomorrow or Monday.

On a sad note, I brought my son because they said free hot dogs, but alas, no hot dogs to be found
sad.gif

they just opened one around my area... Not bad but the people that work at mine don't know much about motorcycles.

Great store. They have alot of good merchandise, and will order anything you want. Not to mention it's right across the street from my work.
beerchug.gif

Opened one several months ago in Allentown, PA, which is about 50 minutes north of Philly ... and I was there opening day, and several times since then (good place to go on a Sunday). You're right, Jinks--it's an awesome store!
thumb_up.gif

i can't believe i've never been to a cycle gear joint before...man...what a place it is

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
yep, they been around for years via on-line and with shops through out. i've always like their road hazard plans for their tires. plus, they are also offerring life time warranty for some of the gears they sell regardless if the manufactures offer it or not i.e., gloves, etc.

Two things come to mind whilst reading through the replies here...

1. It's true...the hired help may not be up to parr...and i knew the guy who mounted my tire was a rookie right up front...which did concern me...and i inspected the mounting closely...yellow paint was in fact right at the valve stem as it should be..and i figured all was right...but wqhen i went to take the tire/wheel?..he asked me to wait a second...cause the tire wasn't ready yet...and i was likw wtf?...then he immediatly informed me that it just needs to be "double-checked" and that it would only take a few minutes...he then got his manager over to inspect his installation of my tire..who in turn checked all the things i checked but then also ran a psi check..which the manager didn't like...38 psi...he then carried the wheel all the way back to the shop to raise it too 40psi...telling me that 40psi is where the quali's get their best milage/wear...i smiled and thought...

"Gee...that's odd...that's right where i've been runn'in'em!"
biggrin.gif

but yes...keep an eye on the newbies in the service dept....however they have a good "Double-Check Policy" in place.

and?...

2. It's great to finally have a comprehensive shop where you can walk in and try on just about any helmet/leathers/gear known to man..before you buy or order it....plus about any "Normal Needs" and maintainace products you could shake a stick at...with the bulk of it being products your average stealership doesn't stock or carry...or?...financially rape you for....like?..."tires"
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

Hopefully mine ship out the next couple of days. I pre-ordered mine.

You're very right about leaving the C.C. at home!!
I love Cycle Gear. They just built one in the Target shopping plaza where my wife loves to shop!! So while she shops. I drool inside Cycle Gear!! Match made in heaven.
beerchug.gif

Back