cycle cat rearsets

being the frame is silver black just would not look right. Silver would blend in much better.

Look at your stockers. Hides in there real nice.

Just me..your ride..

runeight...

(Justyntym @ Feb. 01 2007,08:51) Now I did it...
crazy.gif
...I just went with black  
super.gif

I'm gonna have to wait but...all good things...

The titanium just looked a bit to off and the silver was just to shinny. I thought given my bike they would both look just a tad out of place.

I got plenty of shinny black all over the bike  
biggrin.gif

Very Good price from GPW btw....two thumbs up  
super.gif
Thank you,
cool.gif

super.gif

I added a Titanium set to my project while it's at Greg's shop. I know I'm gonna be a happy camper!

drooling.jpg

Jinks, GPW, and anyone else...several questions.

First, I see cyclecats come in deep gold, chrome, black, silver, titanium...Jinks what color is yours...silver, titanium, or chrome? Sure would like to see some actual examples of the various colors.

I say MIGHT because I've got an HMF high rise exhaust. Below is a picture of my clearance. I find myself riding on the balls of my feet quite a bit. In your expert opinion, do I have enough room to justify (cost) and utilize the options of the cyclecat system. I guess I can't go down much, but back seems possible.

Lastly (opinions please)...I don't have any bling on the bike, mostly black and blacked out theme, what color would look good. If I had a blacked out frame, black would be no brainer but...hmm. Don't want to cough up $500 for something that doesn't quite look right.

Anyone good with photoshop, that'd be awesome.

justyntym....it appears to me that you'll have plenty of room provided you go with the "straight back" position as i have....the good news is....i initially figured that with the vast adjustability that the CC rearsets offer?....that i could "Go Down" for ST'ing and then "Up & Straight Back" for my more aggressive riding (when i got there)....however...as it turns out?....i found that the "Up 1" and Back 1 1/2"s" (i.e. "straight back" position)...actually gave greater relief from hip/knee cramping thad "Going Down" did...and for bonus points?....yields gobs of ground clearance...as...GETTING THE KNEES BACK ON THE TANK gave a whole lot more ergo/comfort than simply moving them down...and also feels a whole lot more natural and in line with an "agressive tuck postion"...with the entire upper body "fully-in-the-bubble" and feeling natural from lid too boot.
biggrin.gif

Congrats....you'll be very happy and?...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
[/Quote]
what exactly did you say Bill?

laugh.gif
[/Quote]
I said....in laymens terms...that moving your foot/peg postion "DOWN" greatly decreases ground clearance and dosen't do a whole lot for comfort as your knees are still left "forward" on the wide part of the tank and splayed open like a cheap ho...but moving the foot/peg postion "REARWARD" (and even up a tad) moves your knees "BACK" on the far more slender portion of the tank recesses...and gives ya gobs of leg room and ground clearance and stays more inline with the general intended ergonomics of the bike...but you knew that..so?...

you're bust'in my chops aren't you?
laugh.gif

newbie.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Jinks, GPW, and anyone else...several questions.

First, I see cyclecats come in deep gold, chrome, black, silver, titanium...Jinks what color is yours...silver, titanium, or chrome? Sure would like to see some actual examples of the various colors.

I say MIGHT because I've got an HMF high rise exhaust. Below is a picture of my clearance. I find myself riding on the balls of my feet quite a bit. In your expert opinion, do I have enough room to justify (cost) and utilize the options of the cyclecat system. I guess I can't go down much, but back seems possible.

Lastly (opinions please)...I don't have any bling on the bike, mostly black and blacked out theme, what color would look good. If I had a blacked out frame, black would be no brainer but...hmm. Don't want to cough up $500 for something that doesn't quite look right.

Anyone good with photoshop, that'd be awesome.

justyntym....it appears to me that you'll have plenty of room provided you go with the "straight back" position as i have....the good news is....i initially figured that with the vast adjustability that the CC rearsets offer?....that i could "Go Down" for ST'ing and then "Up & Straight Back" for my more aggressive riding (when i got there)....however...as it turns out?....i found that the "Up 1" and Back 1 1/2"s" (i.e. "straight back" position)...actually gave greater relief from hip/knee cramping thad "Going Down" did...and for bonus points?....yields gobs of ground clearance...as...GETTING THE KNEES BACK ON THE TANK gave a whole lot more ergo/comfort than simply moving them down...and also feels a whole lot more natural and in line with an "agressive tuck postion"...with the entire upper body "fully-in-the-bubble" and feeling natural from lid too boot.
biggrin.gif

Congrats....you'll be very happy and?...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

what exactly did you say Bill?

laugh.gif
[/Quote]
I said....in laymens terms...that moving your foot/peg postion "DOWN" greatly decreases ground clearance and dosen't do a whole lot for comfort as your knees are still left "forward" on the wide part of the tank and splayed open like a cheap ho...but moving the foot/peg postion "REARWARD" (and even up a tad) moves your knees "BACK" on the far more slender portion of the tank recesses...and gives ya gobs of leg room and ground clearance and stays more inline with the general intended ergonomics of the bike...but you already knew that..so?...

you're bust'in my chops aren't you?
laugh.gif

newbie.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a set in black, Now its a waiting game of which I suck at!

(runeight @ Feb. 02 2007,19:51) being the frame is silver black just would not look right. Silver would blend in much better.

Look at your stockers. Hides in there real nice.

Just me..your ride..

runeight...
I thought of that but the silver still looks to shiney. I don't have a single thing on the bike shiney unless it's black
tounge.gif

Guess we'll see. If it isn't "right", someone with a black frame just might get deal on some cyclecats and I'll try again.

Back