Cutting the Cord

bigoltool

Registered
After many years of being a highly dissatisfied Dish customer I am trying to convince my wife to "Cut the Cord", and just go to Streaming service(s). We already have Netflix and Amazon Prime accounts but the wife cant live without her local channels and a few select ones she watches with regularity. My only real use for the Local Channels would be to watch the Seahawks (don't judge me!) games. We recently bought an Amazon Fire Stick just to try out on our outdoor video projector and it seems to be pretty good in that role. I have looked at the Hulu+ and Youtube TV subscription services and both seem to offer most of what I currently pay Dish a lot(!) more for. My current geographical location is not conducive to an HD Antenna (I tried!) so that's not really an option. My thoughts are to switch to one of the aforementioned, and then get a MotoGP, and possibly a WSBK Live Subscription to satisfy my Moto cravings.

Anybody made the leap to solely Streaming? Anyone have any experience with the MotoGP or WSBK apps, on the Fire Stick in particular? Anyone able to stream MavTV (MotoAMerica races) to one of these?

After many years of being a highly dissatisfied Dish customer I am trying to convince my wife to "Cut the Cord", and just go to Streaming service(s). We already have Netflix and Amazon Prime accounts but the wife cant live without her local channels and a few select ones she watches with regularity. My only real use for the Local Channels would be to watch the Seahawks (don't judge me!) games. We recently bought an Amazon Fire Stick just to try out on our outdoor video projector and it seems to be pretty good in that role. I have looked at the Hulu+ and Youtube TV subscription services and both seem to offer most of what I currently pay Dish a lot(!) more for. My current geographical location is not conducive to an HD Antenna (I tried!) so that's not really an option. My thoughts are to switch to one of the aforementioned, and then get a MotoGP, and possibly a WSBK Live Subscription to satisfy my Moto cravings.

Anybody made the leap to solely Streaming? Anyone have any experience with the MotoGP or WSBK apps, on the Fire Stick in particular? Anyone able to stream MavTV (MotoAMerica races) to one of these?
I only use streaming services and I get hulu and hbo max free thru my cell and wifi providers and I pay for Netflix, Disney plus, and Amazon prime. Those plus the other few ones my wife has found for her shows gives us plenty, I was even able to lookup a way to install peacock (nbc) onto the firestick. Depending on what you use to stream wether it's a smart TV or a firestick or similar you can probably get her local TV shows for free on one of the apps. Don't get carried away and get too many services or you'll be right back at paying the same as the dish.

I only use streaming services and I get hulu and hbo max free thru my cell and wifi providers and I pay for Netflix, Disney plus, and Amazon prime. Those plus the other few ones my wife has found for her shows gives us plenty, I was even able to lookup a way to install peacock (nbc) onto the firestick. Depending on what you use to stream wether it's a smart TV or a firestick or similar you can probably get her local TV shows for free on one of the apps. Don't get carried away and get too many services or you'll be right back at paying the same as the dish.
Hi. I gave up TV all together. I have a radio and the computer . I do not have time to watch TV anyway.

Back